Eurovision 2024

Also, it's time for the return of being able to draw a privileged slot to perform in the final without the intervention of secondary people - that's how non-favorites have won several years before.

This is so true. It really bugs me how "favourites" get preferencial treatment, like that's not how a fair competition is supposed to work at all.

I have to wonder if the running order even affects viewership figures that much anyway. Can't imagine many people actually being like "two ballads in a row? That's it I'm changing the channel".

Television ratings should never be more important than how fair the contest is. Has no one wondered how, for example, 'Zitti e buoni' would have finished in the classification if Italy had sung second instead of singing in the 24th slot? France would have caught up with them, without a doubt. No more dirty games. If I have to choose, I prefer to choose fate over country predilection.

Also, the Swedish delegation head is probably fuming because of the investment for Marcus & Martinus. They're going to end up with a low Top 10 placing instead of a mid Top 10 result (or even a Top 5 fluke) thanks to them being the show openers.

Television ratings should never be more important than how fair the contest is. Has no one wondered how, for example, 'Zitti e buoni' would have finished in the classification if Italy had sung second instead of singing in the 24th slot? France would have caught up with them, without a doubt. No more dirty games. If I have to choose, I prefer to choose fate over country predilection.
Also it would make things a helluva lot less predictable, which is more fun for fans, casual viewers and all except the EBU and bookmakers.

I know I'm barking up a tree and my point has probably already been understood, but I'll add more perspective:

Considering last year's results - put my personal favorite Loreen in the second slot against an almighty popular Kaarija in the 23rd - this would probably have resulted in a televote much more heavily weighted towards Finland and much less towards Sweden (with a bigger chance of Finland winning the whole thing).

We already have enough 'interesting' results with jury votes on board, which I would remove from the competition altogether. In that aspect I have to comment that, although I almost never agree with what Europe votes in Eurovision, it is the people's decision and that must be respected. I'm the first speak up about not liking the avalanche of boring ballads and beige songs, but at the end of the day, who are we to think that our song should win over the one that is most popular with the public? I know this is a controversial opinion and that not everyone will agree, but democracy should really return to Eurovision one day.

I don't see an issue with having a jury evaluate a music competition, as long as the juries are regulated. I think it also makes for more interesting entries and staging when acts have to appeal to both a jury which should take into account a wider scope (songwriting, performance, production, etc.) than the average person voting at home will. It would be better if each national jury was larger and demographically representative.

I know this is only one small part of the decision making, and it doesn't outweigh the points made by others, but I easily overlook the production decisions as related to staging. As in, gone are the days when Agnetha and Frida jogged onto the set and picked up their microphones. Loreen wants to have a 1.8 ton LED screen hanging from the ceiling? That's gonna take a few moments to get on and off stage, no matter how professional or experienced the crew.

Plus they’re planning this as an interval act…

Show offs!

We had Rita Ora. I'll take Petra any day of the week.

Also it seems Benjamin Ingrosso is performing as part of the interval act of Semi Final 1 as well. His new single is a feature with Nile Rodgers, Purple Disco Machine and Shenseea so I expect the draw of all of them together would make sense. Unless it's some kind of Swedish pop medley with other artists.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has two spare tickets to The Family Show on the Saturday afternoon that can no longer be used and aren't eligible for resale. If anyone is interested, PM me!

I don’t agree at all with getting rid of the jury votes. They are needed to balance out the televote which always skews to neighbouring countries / popular voting groups. I couldn’t even tell you what Lithuania’s entries have been for the last few years but somehow they’ve been given 12 points almost year by the UK televote.