Eurovision Asia Song Contest - General Discussion (for now) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Asia Song Contest - General Discussion (for now)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Kadebostany, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Presumably English, and I am basing this solely on the pan Asian Next Top Model show being in English.

2. English is the only plausible option, really.

3. I feel like South Korea will be Eurovision's the UK. You expect the best as it is such a big music market but you cannot help feel underwhelmed most of the times.

And I do not mind tossing Russia to that contest.

4. Well let's hope Kim Jong-Un and Trump doesn't blow up half of Asia before this is reality.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  5. I reckon that will be Japan more than South Korea. The historical relations that the region has with Japan, along with it being the 2nd largest music market in the world are more similar to the UK than SK's situation.

6. Okay, but Utada can't even get noticed over in the US, but we got Kpop groups selling out venues.

Don't count South Korea out.

Cotton Park likes this.
  7. You only prove my point about Japan being Eurovision's UK though.

SK is Sweden.

8. Eek. I didn't read that well.

I also didn't have my glasses on.

9. I'm going to bump this thread because apparently this is still supposed to be happening this year.
    I say apparently because there hasn't been a post on the official site since October. The EBU were busy with the European contest, but it's worrying.

Is the Asian spin off ever going to happen? Especially now that the Chinese broadcaster fell out with the EBU?

10. This is allegedly happening in October with Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea and Vanuatu intending to participate.

I really hope we hear official news for this soon and it doesn't fall through.

Serg., londonrain, Kuhleezi and 9 others like this.
  11. October would be perfect, but I'll believe it when I see it.

12. It will be pushed back to 2019... and then maybe 2020 dddd.

Which is a shame because I'm salivating for this.

Serg., Kuhleezi, WowWowWowWow and 8 others like this.
  13. Excited for this if it's still happening.

WowWowWowWow and Kadebostany like this.
  14. Imagine Vanuatu beating countries like Australia, Japan, South Korea and China in the very first Asiavision? We love an underdog, San Marino would be seething.

Serg., londonrain, soratami and 11 others like this.
  15. Should this ever happen and Uzbekistan participates, I hope it sends a bop like the one that they sent to that Turkvizion thingy.

16. Ready for Kazakhstan to serve a bop.

17. Not me being all “Solomon Islands?? As if they’d even have enough people for a national jury?!” and then finding out they actually have 265,000 more people than Iceland does

[​IMG]

18. Does this mean Australia won't participate in Eurovision anymore, or will it be in both contests?

19. Don't worry girls we've finally got some confirmation this is actually happening!!1!

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.