Eurovision Song Contest 2010 | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Charley, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Random eurovision thoughts:

Am I right in thinking, despite several countries now having official videos, the UK is the only country yet to even produce a studio version of its entry?

Bulgaria's Miro looks a bit like Darren Hayes circa 2002 i.e. doable. Norway's boy on the other hand crosses the line into overly preened high maintenance gay territory.

Latvia, Croatia and particularly Armenia seem quite popular on youtube, this is a complete mystery to me.

I want the Lithuania boys to reprise their silver sequinned hotpants and make the final.

2. duckface

duckface Guest

I've heard the studio versions of Greece (I think) and Cyprus on the radio...

The Cypriot one sounds hella cheap, but that's not a surprise.

3. Charley

Charley Staff Member

4. I've been keeping tabs on who's the bookies' favourite this year and I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be an exciting contest for once this year because it seems that the winner is quite open as the favourite keeps changing. The results will actually be quite riveting for once!

I'm quite excited now after the initial disappointment of the songs. And after a bit of statistical geekiness, it seems like there's more songs that I like this year than I liked from last year in terms of numbers, but then again, I properly love the songs that I like from last year and at this moment in time only 'like' the songs from this year.

5. Agreed as far as favourites go, this year should be pretty exciting, after last year being so obvious (apart from the excitement of the UKs success of course!). Right now I haven't got a clue who could take it..although contrary to ESCtodays report, I really cant see Germany winning. The song is crap isnt it...?!

Why an earth is there still no UK studio version released?? So annoying!

6. Well, by the looks of things I guess it was a lucky escape Iceland aren't hosting Eurovision this year. But Norway is also near it, and with Iceland's volcano erupting twice in a month, it could happen again next month when Eurovision is on. If that was to happen, could it pose a possible risk in Eurovision going ahead?

7. I'm sure eurovision artists could be persuaded to get ferries.

Hera Bjork is already scultping a long boat with her teeth.

In a dire emergency I have been told by top Eurovision organisers that artists will be flown in by the military in ash-proof planes covered in sequins. Possibly.

8. They should do that anyway. At least it would create some buzz for this years contest

9. Ha. Just one of approximately 84 Hera Bjork contingency plans.

10. Hah, Iceland, keep yourself contained until ESC is over!
    I love Armenia this year, 12 points! Mentions also to Romania, France, Germany, Slovakia, Latvia, Serbia and Albania. It's an awful year though, I pine for 2008 and 2009. Yerevan 2011!

11. Hmm... do we think this whole volcanic situation is actually going to benefit Iceland in the voting? I'd like to think it wouldn't make a difference, but it's certainly raised the profile of the country in the media, and there could be a bit of solidarity voting maybe...?

12. duckface

duckface Guest

Solidarity voting?
    I think Iceland is the most hated country in Europe right now! Poor people, as if it's their fault.

13. Imagine if the volcano had started spewing ash a month later.

14. It's conceivable that it could still be an issue a month from now... Let's hope not, but you never know.

I dunno, I think it could go either way and I suppose that might balance out the haters and the people who think: "Poor sods, it's not their fault."

15. duckface

duckface Guest

Oh God, if that ends up being the case I wonder if anyone will be able to even get to Norway?
    I would personally love to see the inevitable shambles of a Eurovision in which everybody performs in their home country and transmits the performance by satellite.

16. I'm sure Hera Bjork would personally swim everyone over on her back. She WILL have her way, you can see she's that type!

17. It's already been noted that I have horrible taste, but for months now I haven't been able to kick Sieneke's Shalalie out of my head. Do we think she stands any chance at all?

18. I think the Netherlands, Serbia and Russia are in a 3 way fight for worst song of the contest and I don't think she has a chance of qualifying based on audience vote or jury vote.

19. Ha, I really really like Russia! It starts out irksome, has a weird interactive moment, and then suddenly gets catchy and wins you over by the end. It's in my Top 10!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.