Eurovision Song Contest 2010 | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Charley, Jul 21, 2009.

1. My personal favourite so far is the German entry. I am also fond of the Icelandic one. I am greatly looking forward to the Eurovision drinking party I'm having.

2. I've just listened to EVERY entry, urgh, feeling mentally drained.

My favourites are: Iceland, Armenia, Moldova, Germany and erm....t.he UK.

3. How dare you enjoy the UK entry! You're not allowed to do that! It's against the law or something.

Not really

Go Josh!

4. Biased

but I love Ireland's entry. I love Niamh Kavanagh's voice.....

5. Charley

Charley Staff Member

6. So the rehearsal are starting *excitement* the stage looks great but Russia really raised the bar last year, im not sure it will match it.

Greece had an excellent first rehearsal, the song sounded slightly more electro, much better, and the light-up drums are pretty awesome. I reckon the will do very, very well. A dark horse!

7. You're there?! Or are you talking about what others have heard?

8. duckface

duckface Guest

The singer could pull a pony out of his ass (oh wait, animals aren't allowed) and Greece would still not do well. You can bet Germany won't be giving them their usual 10-12 points, that's for sure.

I do however fully expect Greece to give at least 6 points to Turkey, and the UK to give quite a few to poor old Cyprus now that we have a Welshman singing for us.

9. The UK's entry is so bad that I've defected and am going to cheer (arbitrarily) for countries I've been on holiday to. Go Cyprus and Iceland!

10. Wow (wow wow wow), I'm such a moron. Why did I think Eurovision was this week? It's clearly not.

11. I love Lena Meyer-Landrut and hope she wins!

12. Haha I don't know why you thought it was this week? Not long left now though!

13. Ha wish I was there! www.esctoday.com - they have rehearsal reviews and videos up almost as soon as they happen.

Iceland sounded amazing, and performing last - surely a guarantee for the final?

Moldova - bit crap.

Albania - very pleasant suprise! Sounds quite modern, catchy and contemporary. I hope it gets through.

Greece will sail through - mark my words!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG_ZscE00fg

14. I think I prefer this year's stage to the one in Moscow. Moscow's was very impressive but way too big for 6 people to use to it's full extent and the screens were nice but not really used to great effect by anyone except the host nation and their scary ageing woman.

As for the rehearsals, Belgium is now looking very promising and the Slovakian lady is nowhere near as bad a live singer as I thought. None of the rehearsals were terrible so even if the overall quality may be worse than last years, there doesn't seem to be much chance of a repeat of the "unforgettable" Czech or Bulgarian performances in 2009.

15. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I bought the CD today and the booklet has glossy pages! GLOSSY PAGES!

16. My CD arrived today. I don't know where to start. It's a daunting prospect trying to get to know 39 songs before the contest.

17. Unfortunately I still feel like the overall quality this year is massively down on last year. I think its the lack of upbeat pop songs, its like everyone saw Alexander win with a more traditional folky song and have tried to emulate that - badly. Not one song this year grabs me the same way almost half did last year. Turkey, Finland, Spain, UK, Norway, Iceland, Azerbijan...so many awesome songs in 2009, this year...Iceland, Sweden...for me thats kind of it right now.

I just hope we get 2 ballad/folk turkeys either side of poor Josh!

18. It's Azerbaijan vs Belgium so far, with Croatia possibly in the running too depending on what they do tomorrow.

19. Charley

Charley Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.