Eurovision Song Contest 2010 | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Charley, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Has anyone else noticed a blatant ripoff of ABBA's "The Winner Takes It All" tune in the Denmark entry?

Oh and also - Lithuania and the Netherlands were robbed. Lalalie is about the only thing that's stuck in my head.

Turkey / Iceland to win!

2. duckface

duckface Guest

Not only that, it also carries hints of With Or Without You and, more prominently, You're Simply The Best during the chorus.

3. Oh, I can definitely see the Tina Turner resemblance...can't remember it well enough for the U2 one though :P

4. Charley

Charley Staff Member

The Flemish commentators said they thought the start of it sounds like 'Every Breath You Take'.

5. Are there any score sheet things for tomorrow yet? I need to get them printed today!

6. I figure if I do a topic for it, it will get zero responses, so I'll just comment here, that I am listening to Chanee & N'Evergreen's album and it is quite pleasant! (However, they clearly went back to the "In A Moment Like This Fountain" a few times for inspiration.)

[​IMG]

7. Charley

Charley Staff Member

8. That's what I said!

9. Yeah! I thought that too! I'm not fussed by that song. I shall probably be voting for Iceland. I think we'll be lucky to escape to bottom 5.

10. I would've killed someone to be in the same room with Safura when she got the news that she's going to be the first performer tomorrow night. Must have been a diva bitch fit of epic proportions. I still hope she wins though, "Drip Drop" is the song Leona wished she had recorded insteaf of "Happy".

11. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Did you know Safura is seventeen?

I was so suprised when our commentators mentioned that!

12. Me too!

The same with Thea Garrett. I genuinely thought she was middle-aged not a teenager!

13. The scary thing is this means she was only a few months old when Niamh Kavanagh won the last time. That must be very strange for her.

Really good song, I actually prefer the live version though, I seem to be in the minority.

14. I wasn't actually, she looks exactly like a girl I knew from school, it's all the fake eyelashes, thick makeup, glitter dresses and big hair that makes her look like she's in her mid-30's.

15. The semi final results have been released and how the bloody hell did Slovakia end up second to last in the first one?! It was properly amazing!

16. Really surprised at that! I adored that performance and the song.

Also I see Sweden narrowly missed qualifiying as expected - 62 points to Cyprus's 67.

A real contest of twists, turns and surprises!

17. Jimmy Jump was named Hot Slut Of The Day on Dlisted!

Amazing.

18. Is the song that was used for the 'Flashmob' thing available? I've downloaded the official album from iTunes but its not on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.