Eurovision Song Contest 2011 | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2011

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Jamie, May 31, 2010.

1. I like the Norwegian song, it's so fun, can really see the crowd getting behind it. I think the Belgian entry is interesting but they need a hottie fronting the group to make them interesting.
    The Polish entry, hmmm.... looks amazing but the song is a bit Eurovision By Numbers for me? I wouldn't have them at the top.

2. Jestem is great, Poland might be my favorite so far. Haba haba is cute, but it just seems like it's gonna get old fast...

3. Just for information, I am still pissed off at Iceland.

That is all.

4. Slovakia are also entering twins imaginatively called TWIINS. They are in the second semi-final, same as J&E. There needs to be a quota on how many sets of twins can be sent to the Eurovision in a particular year.

5. Speaking of Jedward, apparently the song is being reswizzled. And they're getting a new choreographer.

Brian Friedman.

What. The. Fuck...

6. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I do not mind for one bit as they look like this and it's bound to be trashtacularly amazing!
    [​IMG]

They'll probably suck live, but I'm way too excited to hear the (studio version of) their entry!

Here's their cover of Sabrina's Boys for now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dj4wU2JaII

7. I can safely say this will be one of my favourite entries before even hearing it!

Also...Haba Haba sounds like a winning song to me. SO instant. You can't not smile to it! Perfect for Eurovision.

8. Thanks for sharing that Twins cover, made my morning. It's refreshing to hear a non-reggae (or maybe just "less reggae"?) version of that song.

I wanna hear the studio version of Georgia's entry! I love the texture.

Spain is kinda mehful... we'll just have to wait and see.

9. Oh my. The first minute sounded quite promising, but her vocals...the chorus...oh dear indeed.

10. Jedwards is amazing!

11. What do you guys think of Italy's pick?

Personally, I'm a bit bored by it, but it's a nice song overall. I want it to win just because of how ridiculously 2012 would get shaken up by it!

12. I'm sort of intrigued by it, and I can imagine a lot of juries going for it. I do wonder how much of the song they'll be allowed to perform live in the contest though, which is where most of the respect for it will come from.

Also: is the singer blind, or does he just not open his eyes because he's got a Matt-Cardle-Sincerity thing going on?

13. I think he's just dramatic. Check out the banners at his official website:
    http://www.raphaelgualazzi.com/

After a couple more listens, the song's grown on me a bit. Except the hook at the very beginning is really cliche... It's bluesy, I get it <_<

14. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Brilliant. I never liked them but for their first song it's actually quite catchy and is the best thing we have sent in I would really say a decade, Niamh besides but that wasn't her fault.

I really hope we win, I would love for something like this to bring a bit of joy back to Ireland.

15. Correct me if I'm wrong but, is this the first time last year's winner is defending his/her title, right?. Lena might have a chance, then.

16. I believe the winners in 1957 and 1958 also defended their titles, and they came toward the bottom of the leaderboard. But also only with ten countries participating.

17. Charley

Charley Staff Member

18. It starts off sounding very interesting but then the chorus ruins it a little. Still one of the better choices this year.

Ukraine's selection process has descended into chaos again. They chose Mika Newton on Saturday but they have now decided that it was unfair that people were allowed to make multiple votes from the same telephone number and are now holding another final this Saturday with just the top 3 from last weekend. So hope remains for Jamala.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.