Eurovision Song Contest 2011 | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2011

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Jamie, May 31, 2010.

1. The UK winning would be a disastuh. It must be either Germany, France, Sweden or Serbia.

2. It depends how big a win there is. If it's a massive margin, it's going to be obvious pretty quickly that they're trying to manipulate the process.

3. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

When does this start? I'm so ordering food and staying in tonight for this.

4. 21:00 CET (so two hours and twelve minutes from when I post this)

5. popknark

popknark Moderator

"Lipstick" has been top ten on Swedish iTunes since Thursday night. Might not mean anything (after all "Haba Haba" was the highest after semi 1) but it could be a good sign for Ireland. It's currently at #3, right after Lady Gaga!

6. popknark

popknark Moderator

Other good news for the UK... "I Can" is currently #27 on Swedish iTunes and they haven't even performed the song yet! Crazy. But then again, we Swedes are the biggest Eurovision nerds on the contintent so...

7. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Brilliant, I hope so. Even a top 5 placing would be lovely to see.

So that's.... 8pm GMT! Thank you.

8. That reminds me, one of the papers today mentioned the fact that the Swedish-Irish Society is calling on Sweden to vote for Ireland, and vice versa.

Why is there a Swedish-Irish Society?

9. popknark

popknark Moderator

I have no idea because I didn't know such a society existed until now!

10. Oh, I wasn't expecting an answer from you specifically, it was just more a general wondering. A very random thing to have discovered.

11. Along with Christmas, laughgasms and album releases from artists I like this is the highlight of my year.

12. Tim Schou from Denmark's A Friend In London tweeted this after the semifinal:

TimSchouOnline Tim Schou
    GOLDEN SHOWER was amazing. Loved it.

AHAHAH.

13. jtm

jtm

Switzerland is buying I Can by Blue. Number 11 on iTunes, way ahead of other Eurovision tracks.

14. For the first time in years, I thought my favourite could win the whole thing - yet the victory was snapped out of our hands yet again. Oh Sweden, when will you win again?

I haven't had any luck with the Romanian representative's 'tape', either.

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I only just saw the results, but Rockefeller Street getting only 44 points is ridiculous.

16. Serbia should have won. Obviously.
    Nina was amazing.

But I am happy for Italy coming second best, too, though our song was AWFUL.

17. Australian vote:

1.Ireland 8350
    2.Greece 7120
    3.Serbia 4429
    4.Bosnia & Herzegovina 4150
    5.Moldova 3397
    6.Hungary 2862
    7.Sweden 2521
    8.Denmark 2097
    9.United Kingdom 1339
    10.Ukraine 1338
    11.Finland 1308
    12.Romania 1205
    13.Iceland 1061
    14.Russia 982
    15.Italy 935
    16.Germany 922
    17.Estonia 820
    18.Slovenia 757
    19.France 576
    20.Austria 483
    21.Georgia 473
    22.Spain 456
    23.Switzerland 356
    24.Lithuania 262
    25.Azerbaijan 245

Very interesting.

18. I'm not 110% sure but don't Australians screen the show on a time delay (I seem to recall they make a weekend of it over Friday/Saturday/Sunday night?) so, whilst some fans must try and keep themselves away from the internet to spoil the show, do we think it's possible that a lot of them knew Azerbaijan had won the contest and therefore didn't vote for the song by the time they got around to watching the show?

Still not getting the Greek love.

19. I'm having Eurovision withdrawles.

20. Well I was pretty shocked with the results.

After the UK performed, I was so sure they'd get it. Then Germany were stunning and I thought it would be between those 2. Azerbaijan was just so bland, I don't think it was a deserving winner at all.

And no big points to the UK from Ireland??? Disgraceful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.