Eurovision Song Contest 2011 | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2011

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Jamie, May 31, 2010.

1. duckface

duckface Guest

Holy Christ.

2. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Well I sure wasn't expecting an ethno middle eight in there.

3. I want to make some snarky comment about I can't believe the song is called "Smile" but nothing funny is coming to mind. Pretend like I said something, though.

I can't remember the last time I so simultaneously loved and despised a song!

4. Iceland's second semi-final has produced the first song of this year's contest to go on my iPod.

Yohanna - Nótt

I just hope common sense wins over sympathy votes in their NF.

5. Charley

Charley Staff Member

There's a livestream of the Belgian semifinal:

http://www.rtbf.be/livecenter/live?id=8383

They're currently halfway through and we should know which 14 of the 30 participants advance to the televised final at about 1PM Belgian time. If you're wondering about the dodgy set, it's a video stream of live radio performances.

6. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Junior Eurovision alum Chloé, Star Academy finalist Gautier Reyz and blind girl Sarina Cohn are all through to the Belgian final.

The full list:

. Chloé - Just One Chance
    . Alexandre Deschamps - Elle Merveille
    . Syla K. - Simple Love
    . Thayss N' Bau - Somewhere With You
    . The Blazing - Our Way
    . J Cool - Dans Ma Chanson
    . .fen - Yes I Know
    . Nelza - Be My Friend
    . Steve Linden - C'est La Musique
    . Clac et Les Portes - Claquer Les Portes
    . Sarina Cohn - Rien En Apparence
    . Kaptain Oats - Reset
    . Gautier Reyz - Addiction
    . Witloof Bay - With Love Baby

Links to all competing songs: http://belgovision.com/index_f.php?id=7231

Hanny-D's schlager song sadly didn't make the cut.

7. My god. Has that actually been chosen as the Ukraine entry? Seriously?

8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I love that! It made me smihihihihihhihile.

9. duckface

duckface Guest

I used to love Ukraine's entries but ever since that Sweet People shite I've lost faith.

10. Charley

Charley Staff Member

11. This isn't 2011-related, but I got the sudden craving to listen to Silvia Night's Congratulations last night, and I just love that there are people seriously commenting on YouTube that she ripped off Lady Gaga.

And since I believe it hasn't been mentioned here, Hurts have entered a song for Russia's selection.

Edit: Scratch that, apparently it's already been rejected.

12. Thankfully not yet, final is on 27th Feb but it's in the running.

I'm quite partial to a bit of Anastasiya Prikhodko and her song 'Action'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hYRGp0y6Y

Not the best performance in the world and it's better if you hear the studio version, but I'd much rather see this than Jamala

13. You just know that Ukraine will faff about even after there's been a selection following a not-at-all-rigged "100% jury votes" system, and then just go: "Oh, sod democracy - we're sending this random other song instead."*

And still make it into the Final.

*probably

14. It's just how I'd imagine Shirley Bassey singing karaoke after a night on the tiles.

15. Amazing. Very different to (and much better than) Mamo.

16. Jedward's song is so good ( well the 30 second preview I heard). It'll get them out of the semis providing the can do it live.

17. Good lord it is actually quite good AND i can see it fitting in on a eurovision stage. But jesus they're going to murder it live :(

18. If Jedward get the Ireland ticket (which is still in question - there could be a backlash against the presumption, and as I recall there are usually a number of jury votes in the Irish heats) I think they may struggle to get out of the semi. Even last year the jury vote saved Niamh. As much as I'd love to see Jedward make it through, since the UK don't vote for their semi-final, I'm not sure whether Jedmania will translate enough across Europe to pull in televotes.

19. After hearing the clip I just think the song is good enough to get them out of Eurosong and through to Eurovision. As for the semis I reckon it doesn't matter that much that the UK can't vote for them, would have been nice but the semi that they are in is going to work in the favour, there aren't that many in there that are definite qualifying countries. I fancy their chances of making it to the Final.
    Cannot wait for Eurosong next week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.