Eurovision Song Contest 2012

We still have a while to the end of the week - do you think momentum will carry forward or will it be a case of all the sales are front loaded and we could be looking at a #12 come Sunday?

How its all changed from the days when Dana International won and it took 3-4 weeks for the song to be launched in the UK (though to be fair they did have to record an english version)

It looks like Rudimental might overtake #1, but she's pretty much guaranteed top 5 if it stays fairly solid. Now it's a matter of getting radio to play it.

Charley

Staff member
Loreen takes to the roof of a cinema in Stockholm to perform "Euphoria" for her adoring public, broadcast live on Swedish TV. Fabulous vocal, as always. What else can be said about this woman by now?
Clip here.

Also, I'm cracking up at all the Internet commenters who are saying that "Euphoria" is a ripoff of "Stole My Heart" by One Direction. CRACKING. UP.

Last edited:
I've heard Euphoria is no.20 on Australian ITunes - is Eurovision quite popular over there then??

It really is. They have their own vote too even though it doesn't count which I think it quite sweet. Obviously, Loreen came out top in their vote as well.

he/him
The Eurovision 2012 rate thingy is currently going on Lists & Charts, specifically this thread. It admittedly looks a tad redundant with PJ 12 Points having happened so recently but it's quite different and it would be nice if I could get all the people who participated in the 2011 rate to join in!

The ESC-related entries in the German charts are as follows:

Loreen - Euphoria #1
Ivi Adamou - La La Love #43
Buranovskie Babushki - Party For Everybody #44
Soluna - Should've Known Better #51
Jedward - Waterline #62
Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac #77
Mandinga - Zaleilah #92

And the Roman Lob - Standing Still rose from 39 to 11.

We didn't even give any points to Cyprus and Romania, so their entry is quite surprising.

UK post-Eurovision sales:

Loreen - "Euphoria" - 62,148 (#3)
Ivi Adamou - "La La Love" - 4,002 (#77)
Engelbert Humperdinck - "Love Will Set You Free" - 2,624 (#106)
Jedward - "Waterline" - 2,173 (#122)
Roman Lob - "Standing Still" - 2,030 (#132)
Buranovskiye Babushki - "Party for Everybody" - 1,625 (#159)
Eleftheria Eleftheriou - "Aphrodisiac" - 1,510 (#167)

Suprised to see "La La Love" on there. It didn't even get any votes from the UK! Speaking of "La La Love", it's all over the Swedish radio and it looks like it's going to be one of the big summer hits this year.

The Eurovision tsunami in the Swedish charts has been bigger than ever this year. Over one third of the top 60 in the official sales chart are Eurovision/Melodifestivalen related! Also - no Albania (yay!).

1. Loreen - "Euphoria" (Sweden)
4. Ivi Adamou - "La La Love" (Cyprus)
11. Buranovskiye Babushki - "Party For Everybody" (Russia)
18. Zeljko Joksimovic - "Nije Ljubav Stvar" (Serbia)
19. Mandinga - "Zaleilah" (Romania)
22. Pernilla Karlsson - "När jag blundar" (Finland)
(25. Danny Saucedo - "Amazing")
28. Roman Lob - "Standing Still" (Germany)
(30. David Lindgren - "Shout It Out")
32. Jedward - "Waterline" (Ireland)
33. Tooji - "Stay" (Norway)
37. Ott Lepland - "Kuula" (Estonia)
(38. Loreen - "My Heart Is Refusing Me")
39. Eleftheria Eleftheriou - "Aphrodisiac" (Greece)
43. Kurt Calleja - "This Is The Night" (Malta)
46. Gaitana - "Be My Guest" (Ukraine)
49. Soluna Samay - "Should've Known Better" (Denmark)
50. Nina Zilli - "L'Amore E' Femmina (Out Of Love)"
(52. Loreen - "Sober")
(56. Sean Banan - "Sean den förste Banan")
58. Compact Disco - "Sound Of Our Hearts" (Hungary)
60. Kaliopi - "Crno I Belo" (F.Y.R. Macedonia)

How interesting....

Ivi Adamou At Number 1, Overtakes Loreen

Having had its video just reach 5 million views on Youtube, Ivi Adamou's Eurovision song 'La La Love' has reached number 1 on the iTunes singles chart in the winning country, Sweden! This means that despite placing 16th in the actual competition, Ivi has overtaken Loreen in the most important Eurovision chart.

This success comes just after Ivi became the only Eurovision 2012 singer to make it into the UK charts other than Loreen, and the first Cypriot singer in the history of the UK's top 100.

223833_479522755407418_1892950871_n.jpg

R

Resi12

La La Love is so amazing.

OH MY GOD! I didn't even see your post 3Xs, I only felt the need to say it. YASS. I am so happy, get that € after the voters being complete flops to Ivi!

he/him
That was expected. I never saw the juries going for that disaster of a song. They were on late + it's Turkey. Always screamed high on the televote. That said so little makes sense this year that it could have went either way!

Biggest shocks for me (SPOILER ALERT for people who haven't read yet):
Nina and Pastora completely bombing on the televote.
Anggun would have been a nul pointer without the jury! Devastated at that but not overly surprised.
The juries LIKED Moldova?!
The public DIDN'T LIKE Cyprus?! The second biggest hit of the contest?
UK performing better with the public than the juries.
Ukraine performing (MUCH) better with the juries than the public.
Juries didn't tear Russia completely to shreds!
Juries tore Eleftheria completely to shreds.
Juries tore Ireland completely to shreds (and they put Lipstick top 10 last year?)

Don't even get me STARTED on the semis!