Eurovision Song Contest 2014 | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Charley, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Gamblers are supporting Armenia, Sweden and Norway, in this order.

2. After listening to all the songs a couple of times, I think 2014 is the year of Indie music at Eurovision... which is strange because I very rarely like Indie stuff, but I can't stop listening to Netherlands, Malta, Norway, SO GOOD

3. duckface

duckface Guest

OH MY GOD, ITALY'S SONG IS GOOD.

[video=youtube;Si9K0ChHzDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si9K0ChHzDI[/video]

Italy for the win, please. Armenia is good too (as already noted).

4. Israel's entry:

[video=youtube;_uB4JMw4ctc]_uB4JMw4ctc[/video]

She is like P!nk, GaGa & Miley combined in one.

What do you all think?

5. Both Italy and Israel are really good.

6. duckface

duckface Guest

I hope it's Italy that wins it. Israel has already won far too many times for a country that isn't even in Europe...

7. Sweden was my winner… if it was Ace Wilder… now it's the UK to be honest.

8. duckface

duckface Guest

I am shocked that Sweden chose the song it did. After the 2010 fiasco (NOT IN THE FINAL) I'm surprised they went with another middle of the road 'blonde woman sings quietly about inner strength' song.

9. But "it was Sanna's turn" to win! Apparently.

Listening to the Israeli entry for the first time just now. I'm not in love with it, but I appreciate that it's not a mopey ballad.

Even the Bruno Mars ripoff from Denmark doesn't move me.

Do you think Valentina will try again if she doesn't qualify for the third year in a row? Or better yet, what if she does? Who could ever replace her? We already know she is the only living Sammarinese singer, according to Wikipedia.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  10. duckface

duckface Guest

It still amazes me that San Marino is an independent country. I didn't even know about it until their first Eurovision attempt (2008, I think?).

Eurovision was an excellent geography teacher in my youth. I remember being certain that "Andorra" was next to "Belarus" because they both have flowery, slightly Russian-sounding names.

11. Italy definitely has my vote this year, what a great song! As does Spain actually, but I've been a fan of it for a few weeks now. And I've always had a soft spot for Ruth ever since X Factor.

I can't believe I'm saying this but it says a lot when Germany is the worst of the Big 5 and it's not even bad! Even the UK (the fucking UK!) have decided to turn up for a change.

12. I've gone off Albania now I've heard the English version. They've ruined it! It was my favourite.

Italy, Estonia and Moldova are doing it for me so far. Spain and the UK are great too.

The worst song in my opinion is Lithuania. They always seem to send dross!

Belarus is also becoming a guilty pleasure!

I read somewhere that this will be Valentina's last year.

13. I hope I'm not alone in loving TWIN TWIN.

[video=youtube;rwVDXWGXE_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwVDXWGXE_8[/video]

Not even sorry.

14. Twin Twin - Moustache is so much fun. It stands out considering everything else seems quite serious.

15. duckface

duckface Guest

I know it's cheesy and badly written but Switzerland's entry is adorable.

16. duckface

duckface Guest

FRANCE FOR THE WIN

17. Stromae is flawless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.