Eurovision Song Contest 2015 | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by WowWowWowWow, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Pat

Pat

Wasn't Lithuania like the only country that didn't give Russia any points?

2. He

He

But I really dislike the sentiment some people have that Russia would have won if the country was just a bit less hated; so many what ifs one could mention to counter that.

3. Montenegro and FYR Macedonia were the ones whose juries were disqualified.

In the first semi-final, Russia got points from all voting countries, at least 7 points from each in fact.

In the final, Russia did not get points from Lithuania as mentioned, and also none from San Marino.

4. My bad I thought it was San Marino's jury. That's what was originally reported.

5. It's a shame Heroes hasn't received any radio support here in the UK. It was in the top 5 on iTunes until Tuesday but has slipped to 11 now. I hope it's still top 10 come Sunday, but it's looking unlikely.

Also, after delving into Mans Zelmerlow's back catalogue I have to say that The Barcelona Sessions and Stand By For in particular sound like good albums. Run For Your Life is fantastic. Downloading Barcelona now!

6. MB

MB

It's B List on Radio 2 if thats any help so they must be playing it.

7. Ah I've only looked at Radio 1. Well, maybe the album will make some sort of impact if Radio 2 are playing. I certainly hope so. It's the least non-Eurovisiony sounding Eurovision winner I've heard in a long time, and deserves some success.

8. I remember in 2012 being so proud of Loreen for getting a top 3 hit in the UK with 'Euphoria' after Eurovision. I would have loved it to go to #1 though!

9. I think it is a bit naïve to disqualify Russia's success with this particular song, which was incredibly melodic and dare I say, even moving. People would have definitely voted it better than Sweden's song if this political issue wasn't happening at the moment (case in point, I know several individuals wanting to give it a 12, but paid dust to it thanks to its hypocrisy). Even in this very same topic, several have acknowledged the quality of the song but did not vote for it thanks to this.

10. When Mans was on This Morning yesterday they played the clip of Loreen's 'Euphoria' video instead of his own song. So awkward.

11. Yeah, I thought they were maybe going to show clips of Sweden's other Eurovision wins -- or perhaps mention that Loreen has talked about how Måns boosted her during Melodifestivalen 2011 and look where she ended up etc.

12. That Million Voices song was really good - very Eurovision and i've come around to it. I still wouldn't vote for it though - it's pure propaganda and i'm a bit perplexed as to how the EBU let it enter.

13. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

Who's disqualified it?

It came second. That's massively successful. Fans of the song need to stop playing that down as some kind of scandal that can only be attributed to iffy voting.

Still, I find the fact that some gay clubs in London are playing it seemingly oblivious to the irony pretty distasteful when gay men were being arrested yesterday simply for ATTENDING a pride in Moscow. Here's to solidarity guys....

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  14. Of course several do it, just look at this very thread, many loved it and did not vote for it for its hypocrisy. If it wasn't down to that, those abolished votes could have definitely made a massive difference in its final outcome. 'A Million Voices', as a standing alone song is a 10 pointer Eurovision entry - and I didn't give it a thing for the aforementioned reasons.

15. I'm not just saying this, but I didn't think 'A Million Voices' was thaaaaat good. It was quite run-of-the-mill Eurovision ballad, although she has a lovely voice. It wasn't a winning song to me.

16. Agreed.

17. A Million Voices is indeed nice enough and in other years could easily have won. Thankfully in 2015 we had the the monster of a song that was Heroes to prevent this happening. Honestly, for me Heroes is the best Eurovision winner in many-a-year. It stands apart as a great song in its own right, not just in terms of Eurovision.

The Russian entry, by comparison, would have been just that: a good, conventional Eurovision winner.

18. 'Heroes' is absolutely incredible. Easily the best song of Eurovision next to 'Euphoria'.

19. It's such a shame Heroes just missed out on the UK top 10. Gutted!

20. I'm still bopping to Lithuania! Whoa-oh-oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh....

[video=youtube;xtB_slM63JA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtB_slM63JA[/video]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.