Eurovision Song Contest 2019 | Page 458 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2019

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, May 13, 2018.

1. The jury's been worse/sloppier than usual this year, it seems. We've seen how a few jurors errors can have big effects on the results (Poland missing out on the finals, a large part of the results changing after ONE jury's results). Something needs to be done about it. I know I sound like a broken record, but if we MUST have a jury, then either give them less power (say 25 %) or make them larger. I'm thinking that the more members each jury has, the less impact one jurors error will have on the results.

Obviously, I am for scrapping the jury all together, as I have been ever since they were introduced.

Burzum, Kadebostany and Alenko like this.
  2. If only it already happened. San Marino would have it's first top 10 result ever.

On second thought, it would also mean Netherlands would have been second again. This sophie's choice suddenly.

Kadebostany likes this.
  3. Stanning a Legend

4. Completely remove the juries, and we're stuck with dozens of meme-wannabe entries, more than half of which will fall flat on stage.

KamikazeHeart, Kuhleezi, LTG and 13 others like this.
  5. I like it when she enthusiastically loves someone.

"THIS WOMAN IS INCREDIBLE. THAT'S DIFFICULT WHEN YOU'RE NOT ON A POLE!!!"

Txetxu and Gasur like this.
  6. I wonder if Poland will receive some sort of compensation for what happened. They probably should be allowed to go straight to the final next year.

Maki and dynamite_state like this.
  7. It only matters if it affects Sweden or a Big Five. Everyone else can suffer.

Txetxu, Kuhleezi, krajol and 2 others like this.
  8. I love Georgina. She's such a gift <3

9. They at least can be guaranteed a preferable placement in the performance order

10. I understand the mathematics of it, but it's still wild to me that the songs that came #1 in the televote and in the jury vote ended up at #6 and #7 in the final rundown.

11. Just five days after the contest and only one post all night?

PJ to the EBU:

[​IMG]

12. Roksana Węgiel snapped

13. Whatever happened to that 'Americas Song Contest' that was supposed to be announced?

14. Kev

Kev

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier, but what is it with the UK televoters constantly creaming over Lithuania? Over the last few years we’ve consistently given them 10 or 12 points in both the semi and final (apart from either 2014 or 2015). Even this year we gave them 12 in the semi despite them not qualifying.

Txetxu likes this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I don’t know. Lithuanian diaspora?

They were only one point away from qualifying. The UK really tried, huh?

Sprockrooster and WowWowWowWow like this.
  16. Currently enjoying eternal limbo together with Asiavion, the Eurovision movie and Avatar 2.

17. Australia's stand-in rehearsal

[​IMG]

Kuhleezi, Kadebostany, Alenko and 8 others like this.
  18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I love Tamta giving credit to the male stand-in she used for the heels section of the Replay video.

19. I've never managed to figure this out. You're right that there's a consistent pattern though. Perhaps the Lithuanian people over here just happen to be really interested in Eurovision.

20. Norway: The northern lights are dancing

Australia: The northern lights ... we saw those once in a documentary back in the 90s, too right!

Kadebostany and WowWowWowWow like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.