Eurovision Song Contest 2020 / Europe Shine a Light | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2020 / Europe Shine a Light

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, May 19, 2019.

1. Oh God.

2. I think I'm... actually going to follow the national finals this time around

[​IMG]

LTG, phily693, WowWowWowWow and 14 others like this.
  3. I recommend it. Though stressful

ItTakesAMuscle and soratami like this.
  4. Yeah, just following the main contest is stressful enough, I can only imagine what it's like to follow the whole thing for months. But it should be worth it.

WoW73 likes this.
  5. It is, so many gems to be discovered. Though also difficult moments when your choice is not selected, in about half or more of the NF's...

Gasur and soratami like this.
  6. The UK should send somebody like Jessie J. I know she's a bit of a joke here, but she's the biggest popstar that'd actually do Eurovision, with a chance of doing well.

Charley likes this.
  7. The UK should send somebody like Louisa Johnson with a song like YES.
    She could use the boost as much as the contest could use big pop girl moments.

londonrain likes this.
  8. Jessie J is someone that would almost certainly do well at Eurovision (as long as her song is halfway decent). She was pretty huge all over Europe and still tours regularly/people still remember her songs, plus she can belt, which is always a plus for the jury.

AllRed and WowWowWowWow like this.
  9. Well, I hope the pattern of me hating the winners in odd years and loving the ones in even years continues. And that performance first wins.

And that the dutch broadcaster chooses Douwe Bob as a presenter or something because what a man.

phily693, popknark2, AllRed and 4 others like this.

10. So... you'll choose a bad song and off key singing with a flashy act above a good song and vocal performance with a timid act?

11. yes

12. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    abael, phily693, Laurence and 4 others like this.
  13. I hope they change how they announce the votes in 2020. It was a kii when Germany got zero points, but it just felt cruel for all the artists who scored well with the juries to be strung along.

phily693, WowWowWowWow, Serg. and 3 others like this.
  14. Let me predict Italy will finally win.

2018 3rd
    2019 2nd
    2020 1st

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

You’ve clearly never seen how @Ana Raquel votes in rates ddddd.

WowWowWowWow, WoW73 and Ana Raquel like this.
  16. I'll consider this a compliment

WowWowWowWow and ItTakesAMuscle like this.
  17. WHY IS AMSTERDAM ACCOMMODATION SO EXPENSIVE?

I have Italian tastes on a Moldovan budget.

18. It's no given it will be in Amsterdam

WowWowWowWow and Sprockrooster like this.
  19. IF it is in Amsterdam, it will most likely be in a part of Amsterdam that it close to other cities and can easily be reached by train or subway. So getting a hotel in Utrecht, Leiden or Haarlem - or even Amersfoort (where Duncan lives!) or Den Haag will be a good alternative.

20. If it's in Amsterdam, I can't see it being anywhere other than the arena next to the Ajax football ground.

Trains from Amsterdam to say Utrecht run through the night so it shouldn't be a problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.