Eurovision Song Contest 2020 / Europe Shine a Light | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2020 / Europe Shine a Light

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by TheChoirgirlHotel, May 19, 2019.

1. Exactly - and I am sure the Dutch railway company will provide extra trains to other cities as well on the ESC nights - and otherwise party till the first train starts in some scary leather bar!

2. Current stance is Rotterdam or Maastricht (latter because of it's very europositive vibe and foundation city of the European Union). The national parliament has outspoken against Amsterdam cause they have been trying for years now to put a halt to the excessive tourism there and want to focus on other parts of the country. Hosting eurovision there will be counterproductive for that policy. Amsterdam does however has the most experience with these events and the mayor is very interested so it has not been ruled out.

phily693, WowWowWowWow, Serg. and 7 others like this.
  3. That is already ruled out because they have issues with the side placements (dressing rooms). Amsterdam is opting for the RAI.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  4. Only about 7 months to go until Festivali i Këngës

[​IMG]

5. My top 10 Eurovision Dutch entries
    1 Ik Hou Van Jou (1984)
    2 De Mallemolen (1977)
    3 My Impossible Dream (2005)
    4 Arcade (2019)
    5 Amsterdam (1980)
    6 Vrede (1993)
    7 Ding-A-Dong (1975)
    8 The Calm After The Storm (2014)
    9 War Is De Zon (1994)
    10 On Top Of The World (2007)

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  6. Excuse me where is Netherlands 1998?? or 1993?

7. How could I forget about Vrede? Fixed it.

Not a huge fan of Hemel En Aarde, though.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  8. Forever stanning

I'LL FIGHT THE BIG WILD WORLD
    I'LL MAKE IT ON MY OWN
    I CAN'T STOP ONCE I'M BREAKING FREEEEE

THE GOBLET HAS BEEN THROWN
    MY COLOURS HAVE BEEN SHOWN
    NOW I SEE
    MY IMPOSSIBLE...
    DREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAM!

[​IMG]

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I hope they get Anouk back to perform. @Sprockrooster, get on it.

10. As it stands, I'm most excited for Norway next year.

With the confidence of a televote win now + the already announced Melo-like semis, they might just go all out in 2020.

11. A&E

A&E

I need Edsilia to host, or at least make an appearance!

I doubt Anouk will be showing up though, as it’s Ilse’s protégé that has won ddd.

WowWowWowWow, Square and Alenko like this.
  12. I have so little hope in Eesti Laul these days we're probably going to send Stig Rästa again.
    [​IMG]

13. Justice for Willeke! One of my Dutch favourites are the sister-duo Maywood from 1990, only placed 15th, should have been top 10!

WowWowWowWow and P Grandson like this.
  14. I'd love it to be anywhere but in Amsterdam because like @Sprockrooster, said, I want other cities to be put in the limelight. Rotterdam would be iconic. Amsterdam is overrated anyway.

15. I'm rooting for Maastricht, mainly because it's like 10 minutes from my house. And yes, Amsterdam is overrated.

16. Never been to Amsterdam so selfishly I would love it to be there but in the end it won‘t matter.

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  17. I'm probably going to end up flying to Schipol anyway so as long as I can take the train from there go ahead.

WoW73, londonrain and Sprockrooster like this.
  18. Ugh too bad it's next year and I'll still be saving money for my masters. I probably would be able to go in 2021. I loved Amsterdam when I went there and it's not far from the city my cousin lives in Belgium, so anywhere close to it would have been great. Sad.

19. Are all the cities really close to one another? Maastrict seems too small to host an influx of tourists.

EDIT: Never been to The Netherlands so have no idea?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.