Eurovision Song Contest 2021

I can't believe we live in a world where San Marino is a serious contender to win Eurovision. What a story that would be.

I don’t want to rain on your parade but San Marino is not a serious contender. She’s at 2% in the odds and I can’t see her doing wonders with juries.

she/her
Can't wait to see today which fave of mine will succumb at the expense of Austria qualifying.
200.gif

Oh my god the one minute of Senhit's performance is everything I wanted it to be. God I hope she does well, sis goes off. RTVE minute preview under spoiler.

I still can't believe Flo Rida actually turned up, what a scream. I'd love to know what San Marino paid for this.
I’m sure I’ll forget something completely obvious, but when was the last time a Eurovision had a guest appearance by a well-known personality? While not quite the same in that they weren’t vocalists themselves, I’m thinking of Dita von Teese for Germany 2009 or Evgeny Plushenko for Russia 2008?

I’m sure I’ll forget something completely obvious, but when was the last time a Eurovision had a guest appearance by a well-known personality? While not quite the same in that they weren’t vocalists themselves, I’m thinking of Dita von Teese for Germany 2009 or Evgeny Plushenko for Russia 2008?
The BBC covered it and said Flo Rida has had FIVE fucking UK Number #1s. Thankfully I was not living here then and do not claim responsibility.

He/him
Yeah, and only 1 or 2 of them were his songs. He was just a feature on the rest. He hasn't charted in the UK in 6 years.

I sort of fear Senhit could have a Saara Aalto trajectory of scraping through the semis on televotes but then struggling for attention in the final and ending up well down the leaderboard. I just can't see juries going for it and on the night the other female led bops will outshine it for public attention.

Would love to be wrong though!

I sort of fear Senhit could have a Saara Aalto trajectory of scraping through the semis on televotes but then struggling for attention in the final and ending up well down the leaderboard. I just can't see juries going for it and on the night the other female led bops will outshine it for public attention.

Would love to be wrong though!
A key difference being that ‘Adrenalina’ is actually a good bop.