Eurovision Song Contest 2021 | Page 287 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by WoW73, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Omg thanks to Eurovision, last night I just discovered Go_A catalog and OMG i fucking lived!!
    Their music is so gooooood! I have to stan Miss Kateryna and associates!!!

2. I really want these boots. Does anyone know where they're from???

xondus and Txetxu like this.

3. [​IMG]

Monkey0, phily693, ateensfan and 7 others like this.
  4. This legit broke my heart, lol. She looked DEFEATED. Queen won the Semi and brought us our best result in about 16 years. But yes, I think the delegation might have to rethink their entire Eurovision strategy and not just solely base it on an aggressive marketing campaign as it's backfiring on us every year.

Maki, Island, popknark2 and 11 others like this.
  5. The way I am now so ready for Eurovision 2022.

lutz, michaelhird, 1991 and 15 others like this.
  6. It would have been better if they'd drawn second half, but even having drawn first I don't understand the decision to put them on 6th and close out the first half with Spain...

Alenko and 3words~ like this.
  7. Yeah, I don't understand it either. Also, having us perform just after Russia? Both entries basically cancelled each other out, imo.

popknark2 likes this.

8. The transition from Spain to Moldova. That was a classic.

9. Natalia deserves her 13th place based on her positive energy alone, bless her.

xondus and Jamie like this.
  10. I have to ask - where's the bodyless head from?

11. Do we think that there was possible rigging/cheating with Moldova? The EBU dismissed the notion and isn’t looking into it but it’s Kirkorov...

12. Who would cheat to come 13th though.

sfmartin likes this.
  13. There was a fair bit of rigged jury voting. Poland's gave Senhit 12 points. Coincidentally she was the only Eurovision contestant to appear on Rafał's show a month ago.

Regarding Moldova, there are major discrepancies between their semi-final and final votes from some countries.

To go from high-ranking to bottom of the pile, and vice-versa in some cases is very suspicious.

Moldova is the poorest country in Europe, I doubt they are fully funding their own acts when other countries have had to withdraw because of cost issues. Kirkirov mostly just wants to be there and hog the limelight as much as possible. 13th place and whatever influence he has to rig votes is enough justification for Moldova to keep him involved.

15. I don't get why they don't increase the number of jurors. Surely paying off/bribing 15 or even 20 jurors is much more difficult than 5.

popknark2 and Empty Shoebox like this.
  16. Absolutely not, Sugar was just that iconic.

[​IMG]

Maki, michaelhird, popknark2 and 36 others like this.
  17. The jurys should have less impact, max 25%.

michaelhird, Rob, Wishlight and 2 others like this.

18. Traffic lights in Rotterdam play the winning Eurovision song and a guitar rocking figure when turning green. I adore this.

19. I hope you enjoyed the likes girlies. xx

The show was so good this year, I really enjoyed it. And I enjoyed reliving it through your likes too, I couldn’t follow along on the night because apparently I can’t do two things at once. I cackled every time I saw the girl jumping out of the car GIF, or anything Moldova related. Iconic.

Italy wasn’t my favourite but I really liked the song and I’m happy it won. I still don’t like Voilà but I think I get it now and I’m happy for her doing so well. France has really had a renaissance these last 5 years and it’s great to see.

As soon as it was clear that the 0s were getting dished out I was thinking “PJ are probably screaming and losing their minds over this” and I wasn’t wrong.

I’m so glad it was back this year, and it was such a great show.

lutz, 1991, constantino and 9 others like this.
  20. GIMME SOME...

SUGAH!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Maki, Island, 1991 and 33 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.