Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Eurovision Song Contest 2022

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Jamie, May 23, 2021.

1. I really like this - but worried it will get too many comparisons to Blind Channel...

97williamsb likes this.
  2. And now that Tix has officially blessed the Subwoolfer song as his entry of choice... the future is looking grim.

3. So my country (Poland) have decided to change the format this year and actually do a NF. The most surprising thing about it all is that Doda, one of the most popular popstars to ever exist in Poland, has decided to take part in it with her latest single.

It's begging for a revamp (if it wins!), but I'm low-key bopping.

MB, Alenko, girlsaloudjunkie and 2 others like this.
  4. Oh, this is good. Its way too short though. An extra 30 seconds to turn this into magic (imagine the dance break potential).

MB, AllRed and saviodxl like this.
  5. https://eurovision.tv/story/serbia-song-for-eurovision-22

36 songs! Fuck, this isn't Melodifestivalen, it's going to be torture going through it all. Basically, Sara Jo or Angellina would be great, just looking at the artist list. What is fearsome is the fact that the most popular artist in the roster is this raging homophobe, wife abuser, drug abuser, loyal-to-the-party, third-world Dave Gahan knock-off known as Aca Lukas. To say he's wrong for Eurovision is an understatement.
    Anyway, stream excellence!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  6. Two more from the Polish NF.

To sum up: Daria sucks, Kuba slaps. What a bop!

7. She's not on the list though...

8. She's not, which I find surprising. However, there are wildcards at play so I wouldn't be surprised. TVP will do just about anything for ratings so here's hoping.

WoW73 likes this.
  9. Wildcards? How does that work?

10. This is not confirmed info, but in the past, whenever someone was late to submit their entry (for whatever reason) they would apply for a wild card. There were usually two of those.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  11. We'll have to wait until the show then I suppose

AllRed likes this.
  12. I just listened to the Spotify list of MGP. I am very, very underwhelmed....

Sprockrooster, Rob, Wishlight and 2 others like this.
  13. I hope Richard wins - he's nice (at least, he was to me when I met him in Malta back in 2019)

14. Well, er, she died already

15. [​IMG]

16. Richard...?

[​IMG]

It'll probably come down to Emma Muscat, Aidan (his song is entirely in Maltese) or some random newbie. Emma is backed by Warner Music Italia so I would think they have chipped in quite a significant amount of money.

17. DAS

DAS

The six songs for Ireland's national final are being revealed this week. 2 will be revealed tomorrow morning, with a song a day for the rest of the week. I'm hoping for a decent selection and some good songs in the mix. Ireland is almost always quite about rumours for it will be interesting to see the names that have been picked and whether there are any "big" names, former ESC contestants or brand new artists. I would guess that at least one person who starred on Ireland's Last Singer Standing at the end of 2021 will be in the line up, maybe Janet Grogan as she supporting Nicky in 2016 in Stockholm.

I am not particularly hoping up much hope for a competitive national final, likely similar to some of the UK's You Decide finals in most recent years

18. Island

Island Staff Member

Kinda living for this mess

19. Ok this slaps.

Wishlight, phily693, hallkyon and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.