Eurovision Song Contest 2023 - Liverpool

I couldn't be happier about this.

The Finnish song was poorly 'sung' when he was meant to be singing, and he even nearly got decapitated tonight in his live show. I get the audience liked chanting the refrain, and found him endearing, but this just felt novelty - it doesn't even fit within his oeuvre judging by his back catalogue.

Interesting how wrong this year's set of predictions were though - France, Spain and Austria being huge shocks, France was #6 and Spain #7, and Austria #8, meanwhile we had #16, #17 and #15 respectively.

Also, massively disrespectful of the audience to ignore the song in the lead and chant over it.

Just realized that Croatia did better than France

wendy-williams.gif

So much to catch up on and to say but for now I enjoyed Mae's performance and she deserved better although it was a tough year! I hope neither UK or Germany are discouraged next year. I was surprised Germany didn't do better as I thought it was a polished performance!

Happy to see Queen Loreen win again (it was between Sweden & Finland for me) but happy to see Kaarija come second. So many good songs this year (although I can't believe Albania beat us!)

Last edited: