Eurythmics & Annie Lennox

Such a shame that Annie said no to the Eurythmics reunion tour... but at least she has time to play in Rome for charity for an exorbitant price.
Really sad to think that is it for the Eurythmics. I have been holding onto the hope that maybe one last album and tour would happen but Dave has confirmed it isn't going the be the case.

I feel it would absolutely be worth the effort of making a new album (or at least privately give it a bash with no pressure and over however long a period as it takes), particularly one that dabbles in all their eras. A farewell tour could be huge, but on that side I see why she'd say no given the huge undertaking. I don't know what was publicly stated, but Dave shouldn't be saying it's a never - my understanding was he said Annie declined this particular suggestion.

I respect Annie so much for saying no. I understand why people want to see/hear them one more time, but she's been honest about the rigours of touring and the fact that she doesn't sound the same as she did back then. There are so many 'legacy' acts that just keep going, rehashing the glory days with varying degrees of success, and it often makes me sad. While not their best, Peace was a strong album to end their run and they were great on that tour. Everything comes to an end.

Rather exciting to hear that Annie is working on new music with none other than Wendy & Lisa! Cautiously intrigued to hear what comes... I see Wendy & Lisa have described the trio as a new band - a new Annie Lennox album is one thing and very welcome. A new Wendy & Lisa album is another thing and also very welcome, but a new Annie, Wendy & Lisa album has the potential to be amazing!

Last edited:
Rather exciting to hear that Annie is working on new music with none other than Wendy & Lisa! Cautiously intrigued to hear what comes... I see Wendy & Lisa have described the trio as a new band - a new Annie Lennox album is one thing and very welcome. A new Wendy & Lisa album is another thing and also very welcome, but a new Annie, Wendy & Lisa album has the potential to be amazing!

Oh really? That's intriguing. I wonder what the sound of the music would be.

Would be excited to hear any new music from Annie.

Considering they both get on well, im surprised Annie and Dave don't do another Eurythmics album. They don't need to tour it, in the same way im sure Annie wont tour this new music planned. I just assumed there was no new eurythmics music as Annie had sort of retired. From this news,it doesn't seem to be completely the case.

Last edited:
Dave and Annie haven’t done anything for almost 20 years now have they? I’ve Got A Life was the last thing?
Not musically no. They got together to promote the vinyl reissues of their albums, then more recently for Hall of Fame award. As i said, i just assumed it was down to Annie feeling less inspired musically and basically retiring.

I'm quite pleased, given all I thought she had left in her was a 4-track harmonica EP for woodlice. It being these three women puts the stakes super high though - I feel like this will be either the very best thing ever invented or it will be dirt, with very little in between. Hopefully each brings out the others 'a' game.

They now do film and TV scores. Is this gonna be some film score collab?

Hum, potentially exciting but it's a long time since eithers imperial phase. I thought the last two W&L albums weren't great but fingers crossed as others have said!