Exercise | Page 121 | The Popjustice Forum

Exercise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by inanotherlife, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Which bars do you use? I’ve never found one that isn’t truly disgusting.

2. Pro Bar Base and Clif Builders are great.

r1ver likes this.
  3. Quest bars are delicious and have a good macro breakdown.

r1ver and ChrisC like this.
  4. Just went to place my order on MyProtein and the prices are insane. I messaged them and they explained they've had to increase their prices, but the difference is insane.

In October I bought a 5kg bag of whey isolate for 91 euro and now, with a discount code, the same bag costs 158 euro!

5. I ordered BCAA powder for the first time, and my god it tastes awful. Is there any way to get rid of the bitterness?

6. Perfect Bars! The best I’ve found, with 17g of protein. The peanut butter flavor + chocolate chip peanut butter are the best. I genuinely crave one every morning and get unreasonably upset when we run out.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  7. I've stopped drinking protein shakes years ago since they upped my creatinine levels. I just lots of protein stuff throughout the day, chicken, turkey, avocados, eggs, kefir, salmon - but this is food I'd eat anyway it's what I love to eat dd - and whatever happens happens. It helps that my office is part of my apartment so I basically can make food whenever.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  8. I would live on Perfect Bars is they weren't so expensive!

When it comes to protein powder sources what do you girls typically go with? I was vegan for 5-6 years and lived on pea protein but the sodium levels were mostly high so I converted back to Whey Isolate. I'm considering brown rice protein or scouring MyProtein for a healthier pea protein alternative, but wanted to see if it was worth it to cut the whey out.

Aiden likes this.
  9. Fulfil bars are great - the salted caramel one is *chef’s kiss*

10. Has anybody signed up for the CrossFit Open? The movements for 22.1 are pretty straightforward, but 15 minutes…nooo thank you.

11. did glutes today

[​IMG]

12. Florence is such an ally.

13. I've fallen off the bandwagon again, i keep on eating chocolate at work. I need an accountability partner who can keep me in check.....any takers guys?

14. Don’t buy it sis. Replace with rice crackers that have bitter chocolate on them.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  15. I'm back here two months later with a light shade of clown make-up applied. I've been doing weights at the gym for four weeks now instead of cardio, started using protein powder and my stubborn belly fat is disappearing. Plus according to my watch, I'm burning more calories daily ddd. The great thing is I'm gaining muscle too, it may sound dumb but I didn't think you could lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

But... does anyone have any tips on exercises to tone the belly other than sit-ups? I honestly detest them nn.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  16. If by toning you mean “lose fat”, you can’t just reduce fat in one specific place. You have to lower your body fat as a whole.

BUT let me share my messiah:
    Bodyweight
    Dumbbells

I’m currently doing her EPIC I program and it’s kicking my ass so good.

discoteca likes this.
  17. Amazing, thank you!! I'll give these a go.
    Ooh, didn't think of trying those. I'm so sick of sit-ups ddd, thanks!

Jonathan27 and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  18. Leg raises and knees-to-chest. Don't forget obliques. There are lots of different areas to hit in the core.

MusicLover1994 likes this.
  19. It also helps to think of everything you do as a core exercise. Doing bicep curls? Hips forward, ass squeezed, abs engaged. Push-ups? Same. Living life generally? Same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.