Exercise

I've just got a place on the London Marathon... I'm ecstatic because I've been trying for years but literally I could not be in worse shape. The idea of prepping for it is daunting, will need to get out of my head. Probably the jump-start I need to get back to my normal self though. I've really missed running.

I went for a run on Wednesday after dinner and to my surprise did pretty well on my 10K, a second best. I was shook! So proud of me.

So, after a few beers yesterday and a party tonight I decided to go for another run this week as tomorrow I can't go the gym due hangover! Yay. I did another 10K and the conditions were perfect; had a good healthy breakfast, nice new gear and all, all fitting well and there was some wind and sun. So I beat my personal record by a lot and ran 10K in 45min and 9 seconds. So proud!

Now I'm sad I probably won't ever beat that, but ah well.

I ate a 2,000kcal dessert single handed last night. Very disappointed in myself.

The treadmill awaits.
What desert was it?

I took a different class on Wednesday cuz I couldn't go yesterday due to a fun concert. I went for a run afterwards and while at 5K I was going so fast I hoped I could last that fast for 10K and I managed to get it just under 44 minutes. A personal best and I'm pretty proud. The weather was good and everything went well, I'm pretty stoked about how I grew.

I am doing more running and have a match on Sunday, so will take it slow. It's together with another friend who will do the biking part of it. Pretty excited for it, hope the weather is good.

I ate a 2,000kcal dessert single handed last night. Very disappointed in myself.

The treadmill awaits.
You'd need to spend hours on the treadmill to burn 2000 calories. Just be more mindful during the rest of the week. Enjoy your brownies!

Also, I'm addicted to mobility workouts these days

Mind even give pilates and/or yoga a go!

I feel like I periodically come into this thread to ask for tips on how to stay in it and nothing’s worked. Is there anything one can do to gaslight themselves into a fitness lifestyle? It just doesn’t feel good and even if I find my active activity, like I have things I want to get done that I know won’t happen from my dainty little active activity workout ddd.

I feel like I periodically come into this thread to ask for tips on how to stay in it and nothing’s worked. Is there anything one can do to gaslight themselves into a fitness lifestyle? It just doesn’t feel good and even if I find my active activity, like I have things I want to get done that I know won’t happen from my dainty little active activity workout ddd.
I know it’s not for everyone but CrossFit changed my life. You turn up and do what you’re told, it’s all scalable so you work at the level you’re at, and you get better incredibly quickly. Best of all I’ve suddenly got this big group of local friends that I’ve literally never had before. Our Christmas party was Saturday night and it was one of the most fun nights I’ve ever had.

I’ve got the best body I’ve ever had and it literally all feels like a laugh. If you’ve got a CrossFit gym near you, it’s gotta be worth a try.

I know it’s not for everyone but CrossFit changed my life. You turn up and do what you’re told, it’s all scalable so you work at the level you’re at, and you get better incredibly quickly. Best of all I’ve suddenly got this big group of local friends that I’ve literally never had before. Our Christmas party was Saturday night and it was one of the most fun nights I’ve ever had.

I’ve got the best body I’ve ever had and it literally all feels like a laugh. If you’ve got a CrossFit gym near you, it’s gotta be worth a try.
Thanks. I keep circling back to CrossFit but I’ve also heard of people getting seriously injured and it being a bit cult-like. Fuck it, I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks. I keep circling back to CrossFit but I’ve also heard of people getting seriously injured and it being a bit cult-like. Fuck it, I’ll give it a shot.
In the ones I’ve trained in, the coaching is really detailed - they stop you if you’re doing something which looks like it’s bad form, so I’ve never understood why people think that.
Cult like I can see - but only in as much as you end up with your circle of friends and try to book on to the same sessions etc. like I say, definitely worth a try.

I went to Decathlon yesterday and I got myself a pair of 20kg dumbbells... and might have ordered a bench? The home gym fantasy is real!

Is there anything one can do to gaslight themselves into a fitness lifestyle
Whenever I have days that I just don't feel like working out, I try to do some short mobility/stretching or whatever. Anything that moves my body for a few minutes is always better than no movement at all. Also, I remind myself that being able to move is a blessing. The amount of people I see in the hospital who are not able to enjoy their hobbies due to chronic illnesses and whatnot... is also a great reminder.

Also, whenever YouTube recommends me stuff like

Crossfit might be it for you! Just make sure to find a box where the trainers guide you and advice you properly. And rest! Many people get a bit obsessed with it (hence the cult-ish fame it has) and... rhabdo is no joke.

I'm at a fitness camp in Phuket called Action Point.

It's my second time here, and apparently 70% of their customers are return users. Everything is included - acommodation, nutrition, protein shakes, HIIT, Yoga, PT, Muay Thai (I opted out cos not my thing), massages and sauna/ice bath.

Honestly would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a healthy holiday, to kick start weight loss,
It's also so easy to make friends with young, old, muscled, not etc. There are only 12 rooms, so it's small place but that's part of the charm. Some people are here for months, this is my second stint of a week just to help me kick on with my own fitness.

I'm not paid for referrals or anything ddd, but if it appeals to anyone feel free to ask me questions!

I'm at a fitness camp in Phuket called Action Point.

6:30 AM​

Wake up in paradise

giphy.gif

Whenever I have days that I just don't feel like working out, I try to do some short mobility/stretching or whatever. Anything that moves my body for a few minutes is always better than no movement at all. Also, I remind myself that being able to move is a blessing. The amount of people I see in the hospital who are not able to enjoy their hobbies due to chronic illnesses and whatnot... is also a great reminder.
This is absolutely one of my biggest motivations for keeping up the routine of working out. I remember during the peak of the pandemic when the gyms were closed and I couldn't move around as much, my body really felt it. I've got friends who now have to suffer living with long Covid and they can't work out as much and it's such a shit situation to be in.