Exercise

I follow lessons with friends so it’s always in my calendar (recurring event) at the same day & time, and as friends we keep motivating each other to come. The lessons differ in content.

Just bought a bench.

kirsten_dunst3.gif

I got a Garmin in June and its really reshaped my relationship with cardio - I can always get into active range from running but struggle with weights, even in a 20 min incline walk at the end. Now I'm flipping it to cross trainer to get it in the right zone and it really helps for my workouts, its really insightful just having that extra info on your body.

Is there anything one can do to gaslight themselves into a fitness lifestyle?

Since the pandemic my gym made members sign in for a block of training time so as to avoid overcrowding. And if you don't turn up you get charged for a 'no show' if you don't give 24-hour notice. That has really helped cement my training habits and stopped last-minute decisions not to go.

Now the class I do every Thursday for the past 6 months is fully booked do all new people joining and all? I feel we should get a special booking slot before the general opens if you did the class each week the last month or so. Ah well, I do deserve a day of rest.

I need to get back in the gym this week but have 0 clue what to do, like someone who's never been, not someone who's been going for a couple of years (with little to no progress). I'm finding the whole thing so deflating and frustrating..

I need to get back in the gym this week but have 0 clue what to do, like someone who's never been, not someone who's been going for a couple of years (with little to no progress). I'm finding the whole thing so deflating and frustrating..
Be kind to yourself! Even as much as an incline walk on the treadmill can do the world of good.

A great starting point is to use machines, go for light weights, 8-12 reps and a few sets whilst you're getting comfortable. The big benefit of machines is it's hard to do things wrong if you use them for what they're designed for (a lot have pictures to show you that) and it restricts your movements to a specific pattern so it's much harder to injure yourself. Once you're used to that free weights can be a bit more flexible but machines are always valuable.

A lot of gyms also offer free intro sessions with a PT when you sign up to get used to using things. Plus don't forget the exercises you did in school. I'll regularly do a HIIT that has things like star jumps, push ups etc.

You got this.

Be kind to yourself! Even as much as an incline walk on the treadmill can do the world of good.

A great starting point is to use machines, go for light weights, 8-12 reps and a few sets whilst you're getting comfortable. The big benefit of machines is it's hard to do things wrong if you use them for what they're designed for (a lot have pictures to show you that) and it restricts your movements to a specific pattern so it's much harder to injure yourself. Once you're used to that free weights can be a bit more flexible but machines are always valuable.

A lot of gyms also offer free intro sessions with a PT when you sign up to get used to using things. Plus don't forget the exercises you did in school. I'll regularly do a HIIT that has things like star jumps, push ups etc.

You got this.

I definitely need to go easier on myself for sure. Thanks for all the advice but I kind of know what I'm doing, and I managed to get an ok plan from ChatGPT with a couple of back and forth on prompts back in maybe October and used that for November when I had a pretty ok month.. it's more the January "getting back on the saddle after a month off" and battling the body image self loathing and comparing...

One* step at a time

*10,000, my usual average

Since the pandemic my gym made members sign in for a block of training time so as to avoid overcrowding. And if you don't turn up you get charged for a 'no show' if you don't give 24-hour notice. That has really helped cement my training habits and stopped last-minute decisions not to go.
Bruh, that would be so amazing. Maybe I’d finally be able to lift in peace instead of having dudes (gender neutral) stare me down / look at me like I’ve just thrown up and walked away.

Has anyone tried those Gymproluxe resistance bars/sets? I keep getting Insta ads for them and I’m tempted but intrigued to see if they’re as good as they look?

The way I was fully convinced I was gonna go hard at the gym this month and I haven’t stepped foot in one twice and today it is Snowing. How do you girls keep up during the winter????

Reactions: Sam
Has anyone tried those Gymproluxe resistance bars/sets? I keep getting Insta ads for them and I’m tempted but intrigued to see if they’re as good as they look?

They're ok for every now and then. They definitely wouldn't be something I use as a foundation equipment piece for my routines.