Exercise | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Exercise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by inanotherlife, Feb 9, 2010.

1. High protein. Excellent muscle-building food.

2. I don't like conventional exercise so much, but I'm one of those people who likes to move around a lot, so I probably burn quite a few calories that way. I'm 6'1" and weigh 122 lb. and don't have any desire to gain weight, so I don't work out. I just watch the amount of calories I eat because I want my weight to stay where it's currently at, I don't drink drinks with calories also because that really packs on the pounds. Too bad you want to eat more as you get older, I never had an appetite as a child.

3. Are you male or female? 6'1" and 122 lbs. is quite thin for a male, yes? I'm 6' and around 140 lbs, and I feel pretty thin, hence the working out.

Not judging! I'm just curious.

4. I'm male. I don't think I'm too thin or anything. I'm really thin on my upper half, but my legs aren't super skinny or anything, I think my weight is pretty good overall, it's not like I have any health problems.

5. Nice. I didn't think you had any health problems! It's awesome you're content with your body; very few are.

6. I'm fairly sure that at this point, anyone who sees my posts thinks I'm a tad strange anyway so I'll just go ahead:

- I made my own barbells out of giant water bottles, which I do squats, deadlifts, benchpress (on a few chairs all laid out). I will try every incrporating other excersise under the sun
    - I follow the website onehundered pushups and 2 hundered sit ups (look them up) except I change the type of push ups/sit ups I do every 2 weeks and do weeks 2 and 3 of the programme.
    - I use the stairs for cardio, I usually feel like death afterwards but whatevs.
    - I watch my calories - right now I have an aim to meet a weight target. Then when I'm there I plan to build up weight again with higher intensity weights (perhaps I might actually join a gym or buy real weights) and shit loads of protein.

I always thought I have a perfectly proportion body, it would be a shame to waste it.

7. I joined the gym about a month ago. I used to go very reguarly last year, and stated building up some muscle (nothing major, just enough to look toned and vaguely decent when naked), then I moved cities and never got round to joining a gym. Until last month.

At the mo, my work consists of a 20/30 min run, then about an hour of various weights for arms, legs, sit ups etc. I don't really know what else to do, although i think im due for another 'training induction" with a gym instructor, so i'm hoping they will point me further in the right direction. I'd love to get a personal trainer but there is no way I could afford it. I'm trying to do some classes aswell, i've just done 3 weeks of yoga which was fun, and did a spin class last week.

I'm a bit crap starting out at these things, but I know if i get past 3 months or going reguarly, i'll become addicted, which can only be a good thing. I'm not fat or anything, I just want to be a bit more toned.

8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I think I'm due another assessment. I could do with some more guidance. The gym I go to is owned and run by a guy called Spencer, who has been in loads of films like Batman Begins, The Prisoner of Azkaban and that new Werewolf one. He does personal training sessions but I'd be a bit scared of that because he's a 6'7" kickboxer!

9. I walk, a lot. 2 hours a day, and I will go for a run and a swim when I'm feeling lazy. I do the walk/jog/run way. Conserves energy and does the same trick.

I drink heaps and heaps of water (over 2L a day) due to the fact that water surpresses your appetite and you pee it out.

10. Heck no!? I'm 5'11 and weighed 203 pounds a few weeks ago. And I never looked fat at that weight until the belly popped (which is receding now). My aim is 180 pounds which I'm gonna build up again. Sorry dude but you sound dangerously thin - are you sure you are 122 lbs?

This is true. To all of you saying "I eat and don't get fat", what is gonna happen is you will reach an age where you sort of have "reached" your body type - eg some people are naturally thin, some naturally chubster, some are average but with thick legs, some thin but with big arms etc. After that phase you continue to eat what you used to eat then BAM you suddenly start getting a huge belly, love handles, a double chin.

11. I don't really make a conscious effort to exercise. I'm quite thin and I probably don't get the recommended intake at all so I'd be worried that if I started the little weight I do have would fall off and I'd be a stick by the end of the week. Tragic.

I do a lot of walking (I don't drive so I walk everywhere if it's in reasonable distance) and stretching so I'm not completely immobile.

12. I've weighed myself on multiple scales, and I've always gotten the same number. I don't think I look too thin though. I'm just really thin on my upper half (thin arms, ribs are somewhat visible, no pec tissue, flat stomach, tiny waist). But, my legs , butt, and hips are a little more filled out.I look kind of awkward because my lower half seemed to have filled out instead of my upper half, but that's kind of been my body shape since I was a child. I don't think I look too thin because I don't have a straight body shape, I'm hourglass shaped.

13. I've been going on a 20/30 minute run almost everyday since the start of the year, plus 10 minutes of light weights if I can be bothered. I actually do it more for my skin than my body, as I'm 16 and my metabolism is fine, it's my face I'm more worried about. Seems to have helped though which is great.

14. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Any exercise is good anyway. There's no bad side to it.

15. Your BMI is 16.1, which is quite a bit underweight.

16. My BMI is 16. My doctor shrugged and said 'some people just are', so I wouldn't worry.

17. Everyday? Jeez, i feel lazy now, i have to a day off between exercise as i'm too tired and ache too much!

18. My BMI is 19! Hurrah!

19. Mine's the same.

20. I think that's a very healthy number. Congrats to both of us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.