Exercise | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Exercise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by inanotherlife, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Fellow gays, does anyone have a good pop playlist for running.

All the ones I find don’t have good running songs in my opinion. Mine consists of bops such as Womanizer, Applause. Part of me... even Girlfriend by Ms. Avril Lavigne. I love fast songs that don’t even give up in the bridge...

If anyone has something like that that they’d like to share, I’d appreciate it! Mine is over a year old and I’d like to update it.

2. I've just had my first session with my PT today and I threw up afterwards

I'm really hoping I can lose some weight before summer comes along.

ElectricPlatypus likes this.

3. Hasn't left my gym playlist since 2011, it's perfect for running.

Other songs on my playlist:

Shakira - Ojos Asi
    Beyonce - Green Light (Freemasons Remix)
    Dave Spoon - Bad Girl (At Night)
    Tiesto vs Diplo - C'Mon
    Christina Aguilera - Your Body (Country Club Martini Dirty Mix)

Rei Ayanami and chriscrk like this.
  4. Thanks! I'll try them out!

5. This is me.

Last year I got in pretty decent shape for when I went on holiday to New York. I didn't go much afterwards and then I moved cities and I haven't done any exercise since moving. I've procrastinated and procrastinated. I keep putting it off until the next Monday or the next time that the 1st of the month falls on a Monday or some other lame excuse.

I'm going to europride this August. It's in Stockholm so I feel like I need to get my little belly burned off in time to meet all the hot Swedish gays. 3 months is good time to get in shape again right?

I'm not great at defining my goals though. I guess I just want to feel good in a t-shirt - like I fill it out in the right places and it doesn't stick out and look like I'm pregnant around the belly area.

I just feel super self conscious at the gym. If the weights area looks busy I'll probably avoid it or if I want to use a bench it'll take me 5 minutes of plucking up the courage to go over and get one. I don't know why I'm such a wimp about it all.

I've done stuff with PT's in the past and that's helped, but I know the basics now so I don't really want to pay stupid amounts of money for stuff that I can achieve on my own if I put my mind to it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    James2009 and ElectricPlatypus like this.
  6. Super proud of my friend Adam who, a year ago, was a good 10-20kg overweight and yesterday completed the London Marathon. He trained and trained and trained, lost all the excess weight, even broke his foot, and still did it anyway.

7. I've been working out in a gym for at least five weeks now. I get lazy at times. I could only work out for like 1 hour and a half to less than 3 hours in 1 day. I usually skip the work outs that really the tire my body. I have also yet to do the weight lifting work outs, like the ones in weight lifting contests because I feel like I don't have much muscles yet in my arms.

So far, I feel sexier than ever, and its nicer to look at myself in the mirror. Like I lost a lot of stomach weight. I already have big muscle in my legs before going to the gym, so I'm more motivated to do butt exercises because my legs are quite stronger than my upper body and I really want like a big butt. I noticed that my upper body has gotten bigger. Like I just had sex the other day, and the guy noticed that my chest is a bit toned. I stopped using the treadmill and those bicycle equipments, as I don't want to get skinnier anymore and I feel like I might lose some muscle from it. I am just really focusing on having a flat stomach then having bigger arms, butt, legs and chest. Starting this week, from 5 times a week going to the gym, I am decreasing it four times a week. Monday and Thursday are upper body days, while Tuesday and Fridays are for my lower body. I feel like my body needs more rest days, and I don't want my muscles to start eating each other because of going to the gym 5 times a week and not letting my muscles heal. So I'm expecting better results with this 3 rest days in 1 week.

My biggest motivation going to the gym aside from the possibility that I might get more hook ups in the future and hopefully a love life, is that there are really a lot of good looking guys in the gym that I go. Like I just look at them and I easily get motivated to do more. Though what I dislike about the gym that I go to is, even though its 24/7, there are cameras in the locker room and I can't really do it there because they would know if I go to the bathroom with someone and so far I haven't had sex with anyone from the gym.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  8. Starting my exercise regime again going from next week after hurting my ankle while snowboarding a couple of weeks ago. Should've know a trick doing tricks wouldn't turn out alright, eh.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  9. To those who have bulked/are bulking - How many calories do you eat a day? I'm trying to consume 3k calories a day, all healthy stuff but I may take a weight gaining drink to really hit those calories.

10. Photos taken at comic con last weekend have confirmed for me that I seriously need to sort my fitness out. I have joint problems but combat them with a lot of walking and hiking, my main problem is diet. The doctor has sworn me off certain forms of exercise at the moment but I'm looking for other ways to keep fit, so I'll probably hang around this thread a bit more.

11. Anyone have any tips on getting back into exercising regularly? I was really good about that and my diet for a while and slipped off the wagon, and I hate how I feel, but I find that I have this weird hesitance/anxiety to get back into it so I wind up talking myself out of it. I need to break the cycle, please help

12. Hard to give any advice without knowing your starting point ...

But even a relatively fit person who hasn’t maybe exercised for a month can always get back into things by picking 5 body weight exercises (push-ups/dips/squats/plank/mountain-climbers are a good start, or if you are fit enough, burpees) and doing them every day for a week ... That’s 5 minutes each day to get things going and even after the first week you’ll notice you’ll be able to increase the reps ...

Not scientific, but at 5 mins a day, it doesn’t have to be ... It gets you moving and will show improvement ... (Doing it every day is the mental part of the concept) …

Andy French likes this.
  13. Fitness classes finally did the trick for me. Having it scheduled (and paying for it...) really helped me. I've found ways to cut out other spending during the week, so it can be manageable financially. Plus, I'm worth a bit of investment!

I'm loving indoor cycling and high-intensity interval training. Both feature pop music heavily, which doesn't hurt!

Remorque and Andy French like this.
  14. I've dropped so many times, last year when it comes to exercising.

I think you simply just need a motivation. Also I think if you're spending money where its for the gym fee or supplements. That should give you an extra boost and realisation, that you really need to work out. My motivation is to look better so I could keep a guy for good, and I guess to be healthy as well.

15. I know we've had our issues in the past but I want to just say that you deserve a person who would love you for you regardless of what you look like. Working out should be for you, not for someone else.

roblognick likes this.
  16. I still can't break 235 on my bench press Hjdjdjhfhfhhff. Not sure how many more fruits, veggies and protein I can cram into my diet.

17. I already accepted that won't happen to me. Like I'm almost thirty, and I'm still alone. I feel like I need to do something to possibly change that.

I also see the big benefit if I make myself physically look better. Like if I had a boyfriend, I wouldn't even care about working out. I feel like ever since I've started to work out, it opened more opportunities for me to get a hook up, with guys that I wouldn't even meet or wouldn't give me a glance if I didn't decide to work out. Its really worth it for me. Especially now, I just had sex with a hunk a few hours ago. It motivated me more to really work hard.

18. I've been working out five days a week for the past 3 weeks and haven't lost a single pound.

[​IMG]

Sinful and ibelieve like this.
  19. What sort of exercise? You've probably lost fat and gained some muscle.

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  20. Exactly. There is a weighing scale that can measure your body fat and muscles. So you should try that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.