Exercise | Page 83 | The Popjustice Forum

Exercise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by inanotherlife, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Plus diet counts. If you're eating shitty food, then it doesn't really matter how much work you put in at the gym.

2. Yes, that's basically what it boils down to I think. I don't eat like shit, but apparently I need to eat less.

3. "Oh DEAR GOD. What are you even going to do?"

This comment irks me more than I can express, so lemme noT.

4. Well, I'm making myself look hotter and more desirable to all the hot guys out there! Get sexy right now!

5. I’ve been eating my prepped meals for past five days and honestly at this point my beef mince tastes like literal shit I can’t do this anymore.gif next time I’ll just prep it for three days or so and change the menu.

6. So I still haven't been back to the gym in 2018 so far last went before Christmas.

I lost 10kg and have put 8kg back on since then but just can't find the motivation to go , eating what I want takes no effort while going to the gym takes effort and I just can't be bothered.

I haven't cancelled my membership as I keep saying I'll go back.

7. [​IMG]

Remorque and goldsoundz like this.
  8. [​IMG]
    I feel semi-confident about how I look for the first time in a decade.

ThisIsRogue, Rei Ayanami and Remorque like this.
  9. Has anyone ever used these?

[​IMG]

I have about 30-50% grip reduction in my right hand, which can cause some problems, but I'm thinking maybe for wakeboarding they'd either be genial or stupid?

10. Hot arms!

11. I did it!! 240 lbs. with good form. Just one rep but I didn't bounce the weight off my sternum etc. FINALLY.

ddog, ThisIsRogue and Remorque like this.
  12. Success!

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  13. You are only semi confident with those arms? Why? You look amazing!
    Body image standards are the pits, especially for women and gay men.

14. I simultaneously love and hate the person who invented ankle weights.

goldsoundz likes this.
  15. I just did a clean rep with 245 pounds on the bench press after getting stuck in a terrible plateau at the beginning of this year (posted about it a bit earlier). Feeling really motivated at the moment! Extra sleep does wonders.

16. So, after years of letting my demons get the best of me, I've decided to get off my ass and start working out again.

I am now doing so with a personal trainer (my sister's guy, so it's free ddd) but in a month I'll have to go back to the UK and do my own thing.

I'm thinking of trying crossfit, but... I'm kinda afraid of it being unforgiving if you're too unfit? Or should I try something a bit less aggressive?

Opinions? Advices?

[​IMG]

ThisIsRogue and chriscrk like this.
  17. I'm a girl who has just started using workout videos to try and make my belly flatter. I'm too lazy to do any more than about 15 minutes a day. During last week's heatwave I didn't do any at all. Despite being only a size 8-10, if I look at my stomach side-on in the mirror I reckon I look about 3 months pregnant!

I heard some of my colleagues talking about how they could eat 5 cheeseburgers in one sitting. My appetite isn't very big so my weight has always been in the healthy range, but it also means I don't have motivation to eat extra-healthily or go running etc.

18. I have never tried crossfit myself but at my gym there are different classes with different routines, so I guess you can look for an "entry-level" class.
    I wanted to try it myself but watching them I actually got scared, it looks way more heavy than normal workouts.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  19. I haven't done CrossFit, but I've been doing high intensity interval training, which is similar, and I really like it. I was unfit before, but it really helped me to have classes scheduled that I had paid for already. It can be unforgiving, but after not too long, you start seeing some semblance of results which is very motivating!

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  20. The training I'm doing these days isn't easy peasy, but having someone supporting you makes all the difference, imo.

In Birmingham I literally live on top of a gym and I have the keys to it, but going on my own seems... boring?
    Going into a big gym where everyone is jacked and ripped and straight out of a superhero film is just intimidating, but I feel like if I pay the £75 it costs, I might actually force myself to go.

In the meantime, I'm getting a train to the P90x and INSANITY stations.
    Anyone have tried those?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.