Exercise | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum

Exercise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by inanotherlife, Feb 9, 2010.

1. I started doing freeletics a few weeks ago, and I'm really feeling and seeing a difference already. The idea is using your own body weight to work out, and you don't necessarily need any equipment. Plus I can do it first thing in the morning in my own room.

chriscrk likes this.
  2. I don't think my body could ever reach the fitness peak I'd like, the years of being an overweight child has just killed my metabolism.

These days I eat the bare minimum and if I do eat something fattening I'll work damn hard to get rid of it.

xtophermorrison and JMRGBY88 like this.
  3. I'm sure it can be done.
    This type of transformation is inspirational.

I'm surprised I am not in more pain than I actually am.
    I guess I wasn't that out of shape ddd

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  4. I've become a total yoga hun, but feel better for it.

Vasilios, Someboy, Dave and 1 other person like this.
  5. I’ve taken up spinning which has been incredibly fun. It helps that it’s gay spinning and we have music themes like Britney V Lady GaGa and things like that.

Island, Jacques, rymanzo and 8 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

not

7. I really need/want to start going to the gym, but im so freaked about it!

I really do want to make a change, I'm not in the shape I want to be, but the idea of the gym is so scary to me, I go through phases of 'f**k it' and 'I can't do this, maybe I'll run forever only'. I want to get a trainer but even at that I fear they'll be 'judgey'..

8. I've worked with trainers in the past.
    It's a little bit like searching for a counsellor... some will work for you, others won't. I'm the kind of person where the more you shout at me to do something, the more I'll resist. But if you're constructive and give encouragement, then yeh it will work for me.

Some places like The Gym will offer you a free 30 min consultation with a PT. Some private trainers may offer something like this also. That way you can get a feel for how 'compatible' you are before you commit with lots of money.

londonrain likes this.
  9. I've started CrossFit a month ago and i'm loving it. The support you get is so good and the exercises are challenging. You can't get away with murder.

Empty Shoebox likes this.
  10. I’ve #turneditaround the last few months and have actually been making the most of my PureGym subscriptions. The classes that are included really are excellent value for money. I’ve definitely staved off the growing belly I was seeing, but being introduced to weight training in some of the classes has made me keen for more. Going for a free ‘consultation’ with one of the PTs this week - a couple of months of sessions to get my confidence with free weights up is what I’m thinking at the moment.

lisaj, Remorque and londonrain like this.
  11. Me trying to put on muscle while simultaneously being too worried about my weight to eat more to gain said muscle

[​IMG]

mcuk, Gasur, Island and 6 others like this.
  12. Gals I'm struggling. I know I probably need to cut but I've made so many strength gains over the last few months! I just want to keep getting stronger but maybe I should care more about my belly Ddddd.

TheDangerZone likes this.
  13. Are you bulking dirty?

14. Nope. I'm scared to do any cycles because I don't want to mess my endocrine system up for life and I think I have pretty good testosterone levels. Just eatin' good Dddd.

15. I'm 'enjoying' my home personal training sessions but I still don't want to go to the gym alone again yet, especially not into the weights section surrounded by all the huge guys in the Salford Precinct gym...

16. I want to see it tooo.

Saycsar Fleurima and mcuk like this.
  17. Sounds like an incentive to go
    That sounds like an incentive to go rather than a deterrent..

18. If you're into cocky chavs then sure.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  19. Does anywhere here do F45? I've been doing it for a few months now and I am definitely joining the cult. I've always hated doing any sort of exercise other than running or cardio, and the fact that they combine weights/bodyweight exercises with cardio just makes it such a fun workout, each and every time.

At first I was super intimidated because there are some very beautiful people that clearly knew what they were doing, but as I settle in and feel like I'm part of the team I really love having the people around to motivate my competitive ass to try do better.

Vasilios likes this.
  20. But I am!

ibelieve and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.