✌ EXID ✌ | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

✌ EXID ✌

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Rainbow Trousers, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Is Melon payola heaven? Cause it doesn't make sense for Lady to reach #1 in MOST charts and flop in a ONE service on the first days. Can someone explain this phenomenon?

I remember a certain duet that was getting streams 'at 2am' from elderly to maintain records....

2. He

He

I'm not sure about Korean charts, to be honest.

Maybe @Sanctuary, king of charts and numbers, can enlighten us?

Rainbow Trousers and Cotton Park like this.
  3. He

He

Just be honest and say you wanted to spam this gif, oppa.

Rainbow Trousers, Seger and Mill. like this.
  4. You know me too well bb.

[​IMG]
    here's another up for spam

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  5. I am lucky to live in a fairly openminded, progressive small town in the US but people still think it's weird that I pretty much only listen to KPop. Until I play them EXID. Then almost all of them are like "Fuck, send me that link..."

They're badassery is borderless.

So.... a newly converted Leggo even older than me said, "They should be on SNL!" Now considering a letter-writing/emailing/social media campaign to get Lorne Michaels to book them... I can dream.

Island, vague, He and 3 others like this.
  6. He

He

Scream, EXID on SNL.

I'd say EXID are cool and "authentic" enough to have a chance in the West, actually.

My macaroons!

7. Melon is what most people use ddd.

So being #1 on like Soribada is like being #1 on Tidal or something. I don't think chart accounts even use Soribada anymore when tracking #1s because its user base got so small.

If you're comparing their popularity to Western sites, it's like:
    Spotify = Melon
    Apple Music & Pandora = Mnet & Genie
    Then sites like Bugs, Naver, Olleh, etc. are much smaller shares, like how Napster, Deezer, Amazon, etc. are.

Music show wins are more complicated because they use different metrics than the Gaon chart.

8. It depends, but this is usually not sajaegi / payola.

They're called zombie streamers and are usually fan girls who'll stream boy groups late at night when Melon is less active and it's easier to go #1. It's why you'll see EXO, WannaOne, etc. spike back up to #1 on Melon when it's nighttime in Korea.

Like right now, all those EXO-CBX and W1 tracks moving downward within the Top 30 is due to it becoming morning in Korea right now and it no longer just being zombie streamers:
    http://www.melon.com/chart/

Vixen, Island, vague and 5 others like this.
  9. As much as I think the group as a four piece are absolutely killing it, I can’t wait for Solji to comeback and I hope they re-record Night... and Lady with Solji for the Re:flower project.

10. I'd be spazzing thinking when Solji comes back and it'll be a full album with rerecorded versions of the title tracks she missed out on.

11. He

He

I'm ok with Solji missing on the Eclipse tracks and Lady. They were clearly recorded with the 4 girls in mind, and play to their strengths. But I guess they will at least change the title tracks to accommodate future concerts.

12. EXID giving lessons to other idols on how to perform the same song night after night after night (rather than day) and still look like you're totally 110% fuckin' into it:

Jeonghwa and her irrepressible permagrin are infectious. The more I watch EXID the more I love her....

Rainbow Trousers, Island and He like this.
  13. He

He

I think they truly fulfil that trite kpop PR idea of "unique charms". Each member is necessary, talented and seem very happy with what their are doing, not to mention confident.

Edit: I love this pre-recorded track for Lady.

14. [​IMG]

Ah yeah.... ah yeah... ah yeah ah yeah ah yeah....

I'm totally there... LV is my second home.

Island, Empty Shoebox and He like this.
  15. Just discovered this fancam where the clean instrumental of Up and Down was played by accident and they had to perform completely live.

Solji and LE
    [​IMG]

Vixen, Island, Serg. and 5 others like this.
  16. Also, Jeonghwa and Potato have noticeably improved since this video, which is so so awesome to see. I love a good underdog rising story.

[​IMG]

17. Solji having not one fuck left to give and cry laughing through the whole performance.

I miss her so much.

Island, SloMover, He and 2 others like this.
  18. So much so that Jeonghwa was a contestant on King of Masked Singer a few weeks back - making EXID the only girl group ever to have had all their members participate on the show.

[​IMG]

19. He

He

Fuck, EXID are really special, aren’t they?

Last edited: May 30, 2018

20. I'M SCREAMING I HATE THEM SO MUCH AKAYGWKGDWKSHSJDBEKWJS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.