◇ Eyes On Me: The IZ*ONE Rate ◇ Top 20!! | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

◇ Eyes On Me: The IZ*ONE Rate ◇ Top 20!!

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eatyourself, May 3, 2021.

1. This may be blasphemous but honestly... I think La Vie En Rose is their worst Korean title track (and Suki to Iwasetai is better too). I mean, it's still a 9 but it just doesn't hit the same way the other four do.

Remorque, Joli Chat and eatyourself like this.
  2. I will probably be among the lowest scorers for every title track except Fiesta nn

Remorque, Joli Chat and eatyourself like this.
  3. Have you considered not participating?

vague, Remorque, ultraviolet and 2 others like this.
  4. Do not give him ideas it's been already painful to put him through their discography and survive the acid comments

[​IMG]

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 5 others like this.
  5. What I've learned from experience, both as a fan and hosting this rate, is that those who stan La Vie En Rose tend to not like the noisier style they got for their comebacks and vice-versa. La Vie En Rose does seem like an outlier in that all their title tracks except that one are basically the same song. I remember when Violeta came out there was a big "it's just La Vie En Rose redux" discourse but I never really heard it, apart maybe from the "drop-chorus" nature of the songs. To me they're both two extremes of their sound. What came after that I totally agree that it's been Violeta over and over.

vague, Remorque, BeingNormal and 4 others like this.
  6. I do like a lot of their material, just not the title tracks. I prefer sugary, syrupy IZ*ONE, ~classy~ IZ*ONE doesn't do much for me. But it's not like I'm tanking the titles or anything, none of them are below a 6.

And Colors is legit one of my favorite songs ever ddd

vague, Remorque, ultraviolet and 4 others like this.
  7. Wait at Do Sureba Ii?

[​IMG]

The Japanese album really isn't as bad I thought it'd be nn

vague, Remorque, BeingNormal and 2 others like this.
  8. having to like every post in this page felt like being slapped over and over
    [​IMG]

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 12 others like this.
  9. And yet you still did it anyway

[​IMG]

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 3 others like this.
  10. Submitted! 17 10s including my 11.
    IM YOUR OWN PILOT
    YOU SURPRISE ME A LOT
    [​IMG]

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 11 others like this.
  11. I swear, I'm coming. It's been a......rough few days to say the least but thankfully I did a lot of my listening (and rating) so I just need to finalise things and finish commentary.

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 8 others like this.
  12. Double posting but scoring this is genuinely stressful for me because I just want to give everything somewhere between an 8.5 and a 10 (well........most things). My scores are feeling repetitive but I genuinely adore all these songs.

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 9 others like this.
  13. There are plenty of decimals between 8 and 10 so do not worry abot that!!

vague, Remorque, Joli Chat and 7 others like this.
  14. Oof, the production on Twelve makes it borderline unlistenable at points.

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 7 others like this.
  15. I'm trying to get this finished but I may not be able to sorry ff

vague, Vixen, Joli Chat and 4 others like this.
  16. IT'S YOUR LAST DAY TO VOTE!

[​IMG]
    That's a shame unnie, be sure to chime in from time to time to let us know your takes on the songs!!
    The participants have shown their refined literary skills when describing the crunch in their japanese sound. Look forward to it!

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 14 others like this.
  17. How many hours exactly do we have? I'm determined to get this done!!!

vague, Vixen, Joli Chat and 5 others like this.
  18. You technically have 15 hours left if @Joli Chat remembers he has a rate to host!!! I'm kidding bonita ♡

vague, Joli Chat, ultraviolet and 8 others like this.
  19. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

..........I actually gave two 10s to that cursed Japanese album,,,,
    [​IMG]

vague, Remorque, Vixen and 12 others like this.
  20. I nearly did too fff, but I felt like I was overscoring one of the songs so I changed one of them to a 9. Then again, anyone who doesn't give that album at least one 10 is clearly doing something wrong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.