◇ Eyes On Me: The IZ*ONE Rate ◇ Top 40 | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

◇ Eyes On Me: The IZ*ONE Rate ◇ Top 40

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eatyourself, May 3, 2021.

1. Slow Journey is cute!! Is it something I go back to a lot? Not really. Am I gutted it's gone? No. But it's cute and there are songs that could have left earlier.

vague, Joli Chat, soratami and 5 others like this.
  2. 39. -TIE-
    With*One
    [​IMG]
    Average Score: 7,22

Leaning on me
    I forget all the time that has passed
    Leaning on me

Time is running out
    Come to me

I will always wait by your side

WIZ*ONE: (10) @vague, (9) @eatyourself
    IZ*GONE: (5) @ultraviolet, @ysev, (5,75) @Remorque
    HOSTS:
    @eatyourself (9)
    @Joli Chat (7,5)

The bpm<250-phobia strikes again! Today’s victim is With*One, featured in Oneiric-Diary. With*One is cute but quite uneventful, I’m not surprised that it’s leaving this early, an 7,22 average score seems pretty fair for it! The lyrics point to the relationship between IZ*ONE and Wiz*Ones, memories, time passing by, and how they will always be there for each other!... But if the IOI experience is anything to go by, welp… I will be streaming!

@BeingNormal (6) is the only one who left commentary for this song, coming for the girls' vocals “the key for this one is too high, the girls sounds a bit more struggling here”, I agree but remember, that ringing in you ear is part of the IZ*ONE experience!

Edit: With*One is another tie btw, forgot to add that!​

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021 at 11:58 PM
    vague, Love Deluxe, ysev and 11 others like this.
  3. I'm relistening now and With*One really is such a sweet song. I understand the complaint that they sound like they're struggling vocally a little bit but I still think the song is really pretty and lovely to listen to. I could see myself coming back to this more than Slow Journey. Yet, it's still not as strong as a lot of their other ballads. I actually really enjoy their vocals. They have some really sweet moments.

If the next elimination is another ballad...it just better not be because I love their remaining ones. Waiting can leave.

vague, Joli Chat, eatyourself and 3 others like this.
  4. Sis, Waiting was already eliminated fff

vague, ultraviolet, Joli Chat and 3 others like this.
  5. .......I love having zero braincells. In that case, I'll be (possibly?) more controversial and manifest Rococo leaving next. I'll also take We Together. But let's be real, it'll probably be a ballad.

6. [​IMG]
    Cancelling the GFRIEND rate!!!

7. [​IMG]

39. - TIE -
    [​IMG]

AVERAGE SCORE: 7.22

WIZ*ONE: @junglefish (10) @vague (9) @ysev @Love Deluxe (8.5)
    IZ*GONE: @ultraviolet @Ana Raquel (4) @Hurricane Drunk @eatyourself (5)

HOSTS:
    @eatyourself: 5
    @Joli Chat: 7

Someday (full Korean title: Someday Our Night Will Pass) is a ballad on IZ*ONE's first (and last) full studio album BLOOM*IZ, and it's also the first elimination from that album. The song was written solely by member Jo Yuri, who also participated on the production, and is performed by herself, Yena and Chaewon (the JoYuriz sisters in the banner above!). The lyrics talk about going through hard moments in life, but having a loved one by your side.

Someday our night will probably all pass too, right?
    Even when the endless dark comes
    I will never be scared again
    Let’s hold our hands tightly together
    And I will walk the ends of the dark together with you

No one left commentary for Someday, which is good because then we don't need to read "well... it's a ballad!" over and over. I gave it a 5 and I don't think I'm feeling any more generous today than I was on the day I rated these songs. Someday leans too much into good-with-GP-vanilla-OST-ballad territory for me and, for a vocal-line sub-unit, I guess I expected more pomp and display than these shreaky semi-belts they're delivering. It also doesn't

Next up: we eliminate a song composed by a famous, legendary, sexy idol. Any guesses?

8. Y'all are so annoying. This is the perfect kind of K-Pop ballad, it's seriously stunning and gives me farewell single teas. Ughhhhhhhh!!!

9. Oh I wish I'd gone with my gut and actually predicted the next ballad to leave bc my guess was Someday.

I'm with my GFriend rate co-host. You all did this one so dirty. It's gorgeous.

10. Look! Up in the sky!! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO!
    It’s ANOTHER ballad, rip @savilizabeths
    You & I
    [​IMG]

Average Score: 7,22

Right now this stage that you and I have made
    We can make it
    I’ll hold that shaky hand of yours, I’ll be your warmth
    Remember, us in this moment

WIZ*ONE: (10) @Love Deluxe, (9,75) @savilizabeths, (9,5) @Slice of Life
    IZ*GONE: (4) @Ana Raquel, (5) @ultraviolet, @Joli Chat, @eatyourself
    HOSTS:
    @eatyourself (5)
    @Joli Chat (5)

We say goodbye to You & I featured in BLOOM*IZ; I can’t help but scream when I think about the fact that this rate has been bleeding ballads since it began lol, WIZ*ONE’s only pledge of alliance is to a high bpm, synth blasting bop! As for the song, it was written by Minju… and HyunA, yes THAT HyunA! The only explanation I have for this is that HyunA was asked to create something for IZ*ONE, looked for some random unknown demo in some very hidden folder in the depths of her computer and sent it to Pledis or CJ E&M for some quick money! Dua Lipa’s High, ugh, her impact!

This post’s commentary is brought to you by none other than the amazing @Love Deluxe (10) “Queens of singing an entire song just about each other and only giving their fans a brief shout out at the end of the song!”, the girls really said “wiz*ones? We don’t know them.”

11. .......

Should have given it a ten, as if that would have helped but still. If Really Like You also exits soon I am going to burn this subforum down I swear! @Love Deluxe & @Slice of Life you are the only unnies I trust.

ultraviolet and Slice of Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.