f(x) | The Popjustice Forum

f(x)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Ribzy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    -Sulli-Amber-Krystal-Victoria-Luna-

f(x) (에프엑스) is a five member South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2009. The name is a play on the mathematical notation for function, and when input with different 'x', there can be many different outcomes. f(x) strives to be the kind of girl group that can change and adapt to many situations. The group members have also been nicknamed "function girls". The group made their debut on September 1, 2009 with release of a digital single "La Cha Ta" (stylized as "LA chA TA")

Members:
    Luna (Park Sun-young) - Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer
    Victoria (Song Qian) - Leader, Vocalist, Main Dancer
    Sulli (Choi Jin-ri) - Vocalist, Rapper
    Krystal (Jung Soo-jung) - Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
    Amber (Amber Josephine Liu) -Main Rapper, Vocalist

Albums:
    Pinocchio (2011)

EPs:
    Nu ABO (2010)

Singles:
    La Cha Ta
    Chu~♡
    Nu ABO
    Mr. Boogie
    Pinocchio
    Hot Summer

2. f(x) are one of favourite k-pop groups! Luna is my fave.

3. I love f(x)!!!

Nu ABO is really what got me into them. Their Koala episodes are so funny!

4. The Koala episodes are amazing.

5. I'm kind of on the fence with f(x). I physically cannot sit through any of their material or albums... apart from the songs Pinocchio, Hot Summer and Lollipop. I don't know why. Well, I do.. there is something about Ambers voice which just makes me not like the songs.. I don't know why.. it just makes me feel awkward with her manly rapping voice :P I really don't mean that in a bad way :P

6. You just haven't gotten into their "unique" charms yet. It'll happen one day

7. 3Xs

3Xs

Ribzy could you possibly make the "f" in the thread title a lower case? It drives me crazy when I see it upper case!! (I have OCD what can I say? haha)

8. I love that Krystal and Sulli apparently have 'attitude' problems. The various allkpop articles on their 'bad' attitude are always so amusing.

9. I think Krystal is amazing, that girl can do anything and seriously impressed me in Kiss & Cry. She might be slightly/very snobby but if I had as much talent as her I would. And she just oozes charisma, especially since Danger.

10. I'm glad f(x) clicked with audiences with Danger and Hot Summer. But I've tried to like Pinochio after repeat listens but it's not as good as their Nu Abo EP.

11. Love these girls since Chu, believe it or not. I liked La Cha Ta, but Chu, despite their horrendous styling made them click. And then NU ABO just cemented that like no other.

I'm so glad they found public appeal with Pinocchio and Hot Summer. Also, is the song called Danger or Pinocchio or Pinocchio (Danger)?

12. One of the best K-Pop girlbands. Almost without a dud in their back catalogue.
    True story: they were the first K-Pop band I could name and distinguish each member in, haha.
    Before "Danger" (that's what I call it) I wasn't too keen on Amber, but she won me over and I like her as much as the other members. That's another rare thing about f(x): I like every single member. Sulli for her unique tone, Krystal for being Krystal, Amber for being so unconventional, Luna for her cuteness and Victoria is just all around amazing.

My two favourite Victoria moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E055TZhm0_E&feature=related#t=3m13s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7osWE0asJo (right at the beginning, her telling off Luna)

Do we know if they will come back this year? Last year they just vanished after "Nu ABO", so I guess that was it for this year?

13. Sulli has a bad attitude? I'm actually surprised.

14. I would take it with a pinch of salt, however what's considered a bad attitude for an idol could be nothing elsewhere.

Taeyang likes this.
  15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMZuA_E_QxM

Its here at 10:44 on the English sub. Luna's face is so funny!

Yeah and plus there still so young.

16. I was never fond of La Cha TA but started getting more interested from Chu ~♥ since my friend sent it to me saying it reminded her of me, eh.

I love their choreos and how they're always perfect in live performance. Was definitely underrated until Danger but I'm glad they're getting popular now! I don't think there's any group quite like them.

17. I'm still not sure why Victoria reacted like that maybe she's just over dramatic. Both of their reactions have me in stitches though.

Sulli and Krystal where cracking up too.

18. Luna's face just cracks me up.
    In my opinion she's the star of the group, she's the best singer and the best dancer. She's also very funny and has an amazing personality!

19. I can't decide who my favorite is! It's a tie between Victoria and Krystal. Maybe Victoria because what she lacks in singing skills she makes up for in comedic skills, dancing, & stage presence.

Krystal I just love her for some reason. I dunno if it's the supposed 'bad attitude' or what.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.