Faith Hill Singles Rate - The Winner

MollieSwift21

Staff member
Vcd9E.jpg
It’s a long way from Star, Mississippi where Faith Hill grew up at to become the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] bestselling female country singer with over 40 million albums sold. Her career started in 1993. In 1996 she married country superstar Tim McGraw. She’s won 5 Grammy Awards, and 14 Country Music Awards. Billboard named her the number one adult contemporary artist of 2000’s and 39[SUP]th[/SUP] overall. She has 9 number one country singles and 23 top 10 hits. She has also proven to be a huge touring force along with her husband. At the time of Soul2soul tour it was the highest grossing tour for a country singer making 141 million dollars. Taylor Swift was an opening act for this tour. Her first album Take Me as I Am is one of her most country albums. It sold over 4 million copies and 2 number one songs. Her next album It Matters To Me saw continued success having every single go top 10 and sold more albums that her previous effort. Then was Faith which was labeled Love Will Always Win in Europe. It marked the start of her adult contemporary and pop career. Her next album Breathe is her best-selling album to date. The single Breathe was the biggest song in US for the year 2000. She then did the song for the film Pearl Harbor and got her highest charting song in the UK. She then went full on pop with the album Cry which didn’t fare as well as previous efforts. In 2005 she returned to country music with the album Fireflies and saw much success again. Since then she has released a greatest hits album and few songs here and there.

The singles:
Wild One
Piece of My Heart
But I Will
Take Me As I Am
Let's Go to Vegas
It Matters To Me
Someone Else's Dream
You Can't Lose Me
I Can't Do That No More
It's Your Love
Who I Am
This Kiss
Just To Hear You Say That You Love Me
Let Me Let Go
Love Ain't Like That
The Secret of Life
Breathe
The Way You Love Me
Let's Make Love
If My Heart Had Wings
Where Are You Christmas?
There You'll Be
Cry
When The Lights Go Down
One
You're Still Here
Baby You Belong
Mississippi Girl
Like We Never Loved At All
The Lucky One
Sunshine and Summertime
Stealing Kisses
Lost
Red Umbrella
I Need You
Come Home
American Heart

The Rules: Give each song a score out of 10 (half points are allowed) and PM your scores to me. The deadline for voting is August 14[SUP]th[/SUP]. (Let me know if that’s enough time?) Commentary would be appreciated too! So feel that centrifugal motion, perpetual bliss and let[video=youtube;5JqxSRVU0qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JqxSRVU0qk[/video]

Last edited:
Re: Faith Hill Singles Rate

Top five should be There You'll Be, This Kiss, The Way You Love Me, Cry, and Piece of My Heart. Not in that order.

Come to think of it - where are There You'll Be and Piece of My Heart?

MollieSwift21

Staff member

Ooo thanks for the correction. I was looking at a list of singles so I didn't forget any. I must have missed There You'll Be because it's a non-album. Adding it right now. Piece of My Heart is the second on the list!

Ooo thanks for the correction. I was looking at a list of singles so I didn't forget any. I must have missed There You'll Be because it's a non-album. Adding it right now. Piece of My Heart is the second on the list!

Apparently I am blind...

MollieSwift21

Staff member

Yeah hopefully a few more people will join in!

Going through all the singles I don't sure what I want to win. She has a lot of really great subtle songs and then a few that are just pure joy.

I'll definitely be doing this. I just need to listen to a couple of the earlier songs that I don't know quite as well and then I'll be good to go. I love most of her songs, but there's about 4 or 5 that I'll be properly rooting for as my absolute favourites.

MollieSwift21

Staff member

Just finished my scores. I gave out 5 10's. She hasn't really released anything under a 5 for me.

I'm doing this right now, and all I'm thinking is, Mollie for the love of God please do a Shania rate. This forum needs to be properly slain.

MollieSwift21

Staff member

I was thinking of doing a Shania rate but she basically made every song a single so I'm not sure if I should just do singles or include the extra songs. I did a song survivor on here years ago and That Don't Impress Me Much won

I was thinking of doing a Shania rate but she basically made every song a single so I'm not sure if I should just do singles or include the extra songs. I did a song survivor on here years ago and That Don't Impress Me Much won

I was gonna say if you did one, you may as well make it a discography, since it'd already be very nearly all of Come On Over, and a good half of Up! and The Woman in Me...

Anyway, back on topic, I listened to my copies of There You'll Be and The Hits in the car today (started this morning when I posted, then left to come upstate on a brief trip to see family before I move out East), so I should be submitting shortly! (AT LONG LAST.)

Love Will Always Win (which I always assumed was a single since it's on There You'll Be) would be a solid 8. It also sounds almost exactly like Céline Dion's All Because of You, which surprisingly was not written by the same people.

Oh, and I bought a whopping three Faith CDs today (one album, two singles) and considered a fourth. Mollie ha impact.

Last edited:

MollieSwift21

Staff member

Yay for getting the Faith cds! I think I will probably run a Shania Discography rate. I was kind of let down when Don't Impress Me Won. It wasn't until during the rate that I discovered it was her biggest UK hit.

I'm starting to do some research for the write-up and I never realized just how successful she was at adult contemporary radio. I saw she was number 1 adult contemporary artist by billboard but she multiple songs that spent more than 10 weeks atop the chart!