Fangoria | The Popjustice Forum

Fangoria

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jakeyfw, Feb 24, 2009.

1. For anyone who's interested - I was able to download this from the 7digital Spanish store using a UK paypal account. ¡Qué emoción!

2. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

just about to order the CD and the picture disc and very much looking forward to it after the fantastic Mas Es Mas.

I've all but given up trying to spread the word now though. I'd have thought that they'd have gone down so well on popjustice, but I think there's literally just us and Ysaferrer who actually think they're any cop. Pity, because I genuinely believe they're one of, if not the, best groups in the world.

Bleu Noir likes this.
  3. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

OK, last attempt to drum up interest in this album, which is really brilliant and to which I have listened non-stop all this week. The Sigue Sigue Sputnik guys did a great job with Alaska's voice. Just read that they are playing the 15,000-capacity Palacio de Deportes in Madrid in May.

Here is a performance from the Ana Rosa show of the new single, which features the amazing Spunky ( http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.php?topic=8727.0) and the twin dancing boys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QyFuc6Jqc.

Here is what is perhaps the best song on the album, "La Pequeña Edad De Hielo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyh35uRZnpI

4. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

I've ordered the album, want to wait to listen to it in peace at home in high quality with a little drink or two.

5. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

Alaska rocks times a million but I prefer her stuff from the Dinarama days, they were very funny. The new stuff doesn´t grab me like her 80s stuff.

6. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

Ooo, this sounds like a return to form. I adored Arquitectura Efimera, which I discovered after seeing the fantastic 'Miro La Vida Pasar' on spanish MTV while in Madrd, but I thought El Extrano Viaje was a really, really disappointing follow-up, I just couldn't get it at all.

So it's nice to have them back and on form too.

7. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

you know fangoria are big pet shop boys fans?

Well I showed to Nacho Canut the new psb video and I said to him for me the angels jumping looks very similar to him and he was agree. He love the new video and track and he is really exited about the new album.

This year when psb tour spain i will meet fangoria! They are both so nice.

8. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

I've been listening the album for three days and I'm liking it a bit more now, which is an improvement as I was absolutely (pun intended) horrified the first time. I can tolerate a few songs, but overall, I'm quite disappointed, and that's coming from a big Fangoria fan.

I still think they were at their best when produced by Carlos Jean, but then again, I believe in the past couple albums the quality of the songs has gone down the drain. Honestly, I believe most album tracks in "una temporada en el infierno" were way better than even the lead single from "Absolutamente". I'm really missing the strong melodies that usually made their songs memorable. I still can appreciate the lyrics, but that's about it, and anyone missing their meaning (ie. most of the people here) may find it quite boring.

9. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

Due to overwhelming public demand, this is now on UK itunes!

10. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

Its a great album and if comparisons are needed its much better than the PSBs - less electro than previous Fangoria albums and also sounds warmer and it is not a repeat performance of their usual formula.

11. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

I've finally got around to buying this, as they have copies for under £10 on Amazon Marketplace. Phew! Although I've barely listened to the download I had, as I wasn't impressed the first couple of times. But I need to give it more of a chance.

You just know the minute I get this they'll announce the 3CD/4DVD super deluxe edition, but never mind...

*fondles the piece of Alaska's costume from the El Extraño Viaje Revisitado box*

12. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

Give it time, its a grower, have you heard any of the single remixes?? I love Fangoria, would never had heard of them only for nnnumb who recommended them via a Mylene Farmer website!

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I haven't heard any of the remixes I don't think. They never seem to do many!

14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Alaska is such an icon, I adore her!  I've only really been into Fangoria for about 4 years, but I've bought everything.  I love to shove the Viven! DVD in the player for a blast sometimes.  Plus that also gives me chance to see the amazing Rafa Spunky in action...  *drool*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrpNRVjhWiE&feature=related

15. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

Picked this album up in Barcelona recently and it took a few listens but I love it now. My favourite songs are the two obvious ones, 'Mas Es Mas' and 'Absolutamente'.

Not sure why Spanish pop isn't a bit more prolific around the world - there's been some great music put out by the likes of Fangoria, La Oreja de Van Gogh, Amaral, Monica Naranjo, Marta Sanchez, Soraya Arnelas, Bebe.....Naranjo's vocals are on a par with the likes of Celine or Whitney though her last album 'Tarantula' is far more interesting than anything they could manage.

16. Re: Fangoria - Absolutamente (New Album)

Just found this great performance of "La pequeña edad de hielo". Whether or not you understand Spanish, there are a lot of close-ups of Rafa Spunky. Plus it's a great song.

17. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

*clicks invisible link*

I need a dose of Spunky!

18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Thanks!  Will watch when I get home again.

This has made me want to listen to his album on now.  So I am.  I love 'Saber de ti'. 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.