Fangoria | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Fangoria

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jakeyfw, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Name someone more Iconic than Alaska.

I’ll wait

jakeyfw likes this.
  2. Right? It’s hard to explain to non-Spaniards just how iconic and important she is

Santi319 likes this.
  3. Yes yes! A living walking legend!

jakeyfw likes this.
  4. Can anybody in Spain let me know what the issue is with the vinyl? There are some posts on Fangoria's Instagram about a fault and how to get a replacement??? My record hasn't arrived yet so I'm not clear about the fault.

@Santi319 @totalhate @jakeyfw

Santi319 likes this.
  5. Its literally just a typo I believe, most people wont probably exchange it because it could be a collectible in the future.

Apparently the song “Supertravesti” was typed as “Eres un travesti”.

Just spanish things yall hahaha

6. That’s it??? I can live with that. I thought the record was misprinted. Thanks!

7. Just checked Discogs....Supertravesti is reported to be omitted from the vinyl pressing and Eres un travesti is on twice. It should be fun trying to sort this out!

Santi319 likes this.
  8. Alaska’s impact

9. Yep, they pressed Eres tan travesti twice and left Supertravesti out. To get the replacement (vinyl 1) you have to send an e-mail to [email protected] with a picture of the receipt/invoice and your address. They said production of the correct vinyl will take 4 weeks so... patience.

Santi319 likes this.
  10. Not so much of a travesty then, thank you! Very much appreciated.

11. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I love my box which fits in both signed CDs and the DVD. OCD heaven.

Only just getting round to listening to the second volume in full. It’s quite full on isn’t it? Production wise I mean. No bad thing, just wasn’t expecting it to be this...techno I guess.

As usual I’m not familiar with the originals so it’s basically a load of new Fangoria tracks to me!

Bleu Noir and jakeyfw like this.
  12. I feel like Volume 2 is a step-up in quality overall and is more immediate. I really like "Dame tu cariño", "Supervaga", "Desafíame", "Supertravesti" and "Mi Fábrica de Baile". I am obsessed with "Disfraz de tigre" (still trying to fully understand the lyrics), "Toro" (absolutamente salvaje!), "Los amigos que perdí"" and "reinas". The only ones that really let me down are "Soy yo" (Alaska: what were you thinking?) and "La revolución sexual" (although I do appreciate the "Retorciendo Palabras" sample)

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I certainly think the quality of the recording is excellent, everything sounds so crisp and clear and Alaska’s vocals feel more forward in the mix than usual.

jakeyfw likes this.
  14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

A little off topic, but this new track from Monterrosa is very Fangoria, so might be appreciated by some here.

15. Did anyone who received the faulty vinyl get a response from Warners Spain, I emailed a few times (in English) but got no response.

16. Some people have started to receive the corrected vinyl. I haven't yet

17. Arrived in London today, great service I must say!

18. I got an email saying mine is shipped too

Bleu Noir likes this.
  19. Not Dua Lipa's new, amazing video being directed by CANADA!
    . Dramas y Comedias walked so Physical could run...haha.

Noir and Bleu Noir like this.
  20. Um, what is this lazy mess?

It enrages me when non-Spanish bands give them these lazy mixes. This "mix" is a hot mess on every level. Like, who would listen to this noise more than once?

It makes me sad, because I know how much Alaska loves England, but this is a mess.

The only bands who have taken their remixes half-seriously were Chicks On Speed.
    and Kinky Roland

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Noir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.