Fangoria | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Fangoria

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jakeyfw, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Mine's on its way, I think, as well. I say I think, as the buyer has refunded me and then sent me a tracking number for its despatch. So, I'm either getting a free one or an empty box. I just want to hear it!

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Bloody hell, mine arrived! Next day DHL delivery from Spain in under 24 hours.

It's GORGEOUS. I won't spoil it for those waiting to get it...

3. Album sounds good thus far, especially Para Volver a Empezar, Tormenta Solar Perfecta, Peligros and Lo tuyo no es normal.

SSS production sounds fresher than I expected, although going by their rule of 3 albums, they won't be working with them again after this.

4. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Sat down and had a proper, undistracted listen. Amazing. No duff tracks. There's certainly a distinct style to each EP. My order of preference so far is Yellow, Blue, Pink/Black (thin line between them).

5. In this video she shows how the box package is. I'm amazed, it might be one of the most beautiful cd boxes I have ever seen! (see after 31:30)

I don't think there are many artists who worry about those things anymore in the music business, which is very sad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOhEJfZ-L6o

6. Wow, it's nice to see that they have English fans! I don't like them, but I saw this thread and it caught my attention.

Did you know that Alaska has a reality show here in MTV Spain, with her husband Mario Vaquerizo? They are quite funny and the show is great.

7. This needs to hurry up and get to me! I love Alaska, a true pop superstar who can do trashy TV and still some across as cool and relaxed!

8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I've bought CD/DVD sets and watched documentaries that I can't understand a word of, just because I like looking at her...

9. Well, then... If you feel like trying: http://www.mtv.es/programas/destacados/alaska-y-mario/episodios/

You just have to press 'ver' and you should be able to see them. They're worth it, really.

10. I love their reality show! Being brazilian, it's quite easy to understand what they are saying.
    After watching both seasons, it's impossible not to fall in love with them. Their friendship circle is something I would really like to belong to... imagine being friends with Almodóvar, Miguel Bosé, Juan Gatti, David Delfin and... TOPACIO FRESH!

11. What an album! I love many tracks, but for non Spanish speakers "Peligros" is the most instant, I think. Normally, the best things about Fangoria are their clever lyrics (e.g. "Lo Tuyo No Tiene Nombre") but in this case the feeling of the song transcends the lyrics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_FLesYBG14
    Wow.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  12. Just got it today, what a lovely package! Can't wait to listen to it.

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

With the inevitability of an argument in a Gaga thread, Cuatricromía is getting a re-release, called Policromía. All we know so far is that it's out in time for Christmas, and that it will have 4 new songs. Hopefully there'll be something more than that though.

14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Oh how dull, the re-release is just the main album on one CD, and the 4 new tracks on another, in a digipak. Surprisingly boring for them.

View attachment 453

15. Yes, I just saw that too. Very disappointing. They'll have to go a long way to beat the limited El Extraño Viaje Revisitado box though.

Still, at least there's the vinyl edition. Ten inches are always nice.

16. The vinyl will be nice, if I can get it. Is there any reliable place to pre-order from Spain? Mine always seem to get cancelled and then I need o spend crazy cash on e-bay. Glad to see they mixed up the producers for the new songs. I was worried they would use SSS for all four.

17. Sooo!
    The new album is approaching, it will be released on my birthday (yay!!) February 12th 2016.
    Apparently the first single is called "Fiesta en el infierno" which they "premiered" (just a sneak peak) on her reality show. She said before the song it's not the final version:

It sounds good! Looking forward to the final product, as they always take special care of it. I bet a DVD will be included, as they have been filming a making of.
    Title of the new album is still unknown.

18. The new video is out today.

Very "Kiss Me Once Tour" backdrops. Not sure how poor Alaska is going to remember these lyrics when they perform it.

19. she's just going to read the teleprompter. this is "dramas y comedias" v2.0. good for a first single because "dramas" worked quite well.

i'm more excited to hear "disco sally"

jakeyfw likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.