Fashion: How to Dress | Page 318 | The Popjustice Forum

Fashion: How to Dress

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mr.Arroz, Feb 27, 2012.

1. My job is funded by Keith Haring grants etc., and his shit is stupidly expensive. I did meet the president of the Keith Haring Foundation back in April and flirted my way into a few selfies for the website ( + his phone) tho, so I ain't completely mad @ him.

Anyway, this is only $54 and I want it for my trip coming up in August. Been searching for a good romper and honestly this one looks well made but also kinda lowkey. I'm into it!

2. Me being the cheap girl that I am snatched up several Keith Haring shirts from the collection they had this summer at American Eagle when I had 30% for my credit card there. Keith Haring is hands down one of my favorites bar Jean-Michel Basquiat so I snatch up everything it seems. dddd

https://www.ae.com/us/en/s/keith+haring?cid=SRC_Brand_sNSyaNZNi

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    IceflamePhoenix likes this.
  3. UGH @ me just realizing Topman/Topshop has closed all of their US locations. I mean, they've gone downhill in recent years producing more generic lewks, but still, it was one of my go-tos.

Zara is pretty great in terms of the aesthetic of their offerings but I've found with a lot of their stuff, the quality deteriorates so quickly after several washes.

4. I found that more with Topman. It's only slightly above Primark in terms of quality, but at a significantly higher price.

toby3000 and mcuk like this.
  5. My gay husband is in the market for some gay overalls. Anyone seen any cute ones?

Floppie likes this.
  6. Speaking of Pride...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Gays, I've had a little epiphany about chunky trainers after despising them for 18 months, and I'm looking for a pair that aren't going to make me look ridiculous next year when they go out of fashion again. Are there any ranges that are kind of semi-dad and futuristic without being too over the top?

Fuck my life.

elektroxx likes this.
  8. I've been wearing them all year then suddenly realised this week how terrible they look. Don't do it.

9. They're out of fashion already. Don't do it.

10. LOL they're not going anywhere.
    If anything they're still going strong.

11. I dunno I see the Triple S on sale everywhere lately and it used to be impossible to even get them at full price… there seems to be a change coming.

But if you do want a gaudy sneaker the next set of Nike Sacai are coming out tomorrow.

12. New York has been inundated with fake Triple Ss, Fila Disruptors, and every other down-line diffusion of the chunky shoe for like at least a year and half now. Outdoorsy/hiking sneakers (like Salomon) made a splash last fall/winter, and I could see that continue to trickle down over the next season.

I think the next hot shoe will be smaller 70s style running shoes. The proliferation of Converse and the Nike/Sacai collab are in that vein, but I bet we'll see a lot of Nike Tailwinds, Adidas Samba OGs, and Onitsukas over the next year+. Golden Goose and Saint Laurent are the sort of emblematic designer version. Even Margiela and Loewe have similar styles this season. Gucci seems to be moving that direction as well.

elektroxx and Syzygyz like this.
  13. Nah chunky shoes have some life left yet.

Because they released 20 designs in one year, whereas the first release(s) was limited.
    Of course it will swift to smaller ones next but we have time.
    And I LOVE Loewe but these? No.

14. Jesus Vas can you put an NSFW warning next time?

15. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Not to be that douchebag, but what happened to Helmut Lang? It used to be well-cut shirts and sleek blazers, now whenever I look at their stuff on any site it’s all branded t-shirts and sweatshirts for people who don’t want to stand in line at Supreme?

I know, ‘you have to move with the time’, but yikes.

16. I kinda love it ddd. I love loud logo tees. I love the current Mugler ones too, wish I had the body type / 20 years off to pull this crop top off:

[​IMG]

17. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Anyone else checking for Sies Marjan come final sale time?

18. Me to get this:

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.