Favourite Music DVD/Blu-ray? | The Popjustice Forum

Favourite Music DVD/Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by bonnieetclyde, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Whether it's a concert, documentary, behind-the-scenes etc. What's your favourite music DVD/Blu-ray?

A few that come to mind for me:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And more documentary stuff:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Humanracin likes this.
  2. Dixie Chicks, Shut up and sing

Madonna, I’m going to tell you a secret

3. [​IMG]
    This is probably the dvd I've watched the most ever. I just love it!

4. I own almost DVD posted here so far, but for me It's Britney's greatest hits DVD. Don't know how it still works with the amount of scratches it's gained over the past 15 years but I've played the lord out of it and even bought a back up copy for the future. Perfection from ALL videos, alternative edits & mash ups and the best DVD/bluray menu I've ever seen. Whoever had that to manage did a really good job!

5. Even just for the All nite (night?) video.

hownee likes this.
  6. [​IMG]
    This one too! From start to finish, such an excellent singles run (except maybe for Home and Dry). That booklet, though...

7. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Every video, including all the flops from her tricky second album, Japan only singles, mashup videos and commentary by Dannii herself. Perfection!

8. This Is It (!) for me too. An absolute gem, although I have to also second the vote for Britney’s Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.

When it comes to tours, Steps Party On The Dancefloor Blu-ray and Delta Goodrem’s Believe Again tour DVD are huge faves of mine. I also love Delta’s Innocent Eyes Anniversary Edition DVD which was studio videos of her re-recording the entire album plus two hours of behind the scenes. I’m going to have to dig it out and watch now!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  9. Kate Bush, Before The Dawn... oh wait

Blaahh, Jacques, andru and 4 others like this.
  10. Mine is quite simply this:
    [​IMG]

The Queen of the 1990's music and even introduces her iconic videos herself people!

With worthy runners up being these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Drowned World is definitely one of my favourites. An amazing show.

I also have quite of few of Perfumes live DVDs which are always epic, especially 4th Tour in Dome Level 3.

bonnieetclyde and Chris Lala like this.
  12. Depeche Mode’s 101 was pretty life changing for me.
    [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]
    This 3 disc collection is quite the experience.

Angeleyes and RaggedTiger like this.
  14. I am baffled why Cracked Actor, the David Bowie tour film, has never been made commercially available. In many ways it was the blueprint for Madonna's Truth Or Dare.

Humanracin likes this.
  15. I used to love my Aqua Diary and Steps: Step One videos as a kid and then any greatest hits DVD through the 2000s, but now it's just my external hard drives I love, because they have over 1000 episodes of TOTP and 10,000 music videos and performances. I have two backups of everything because I would be beside myself if I lost it all.

16. Not forgetting

[​IMG]

17. And I can't believe I didn't mention this too:
    [​IMG]

Just classic after classic.

18. [​IMG]

Nice behind-the-scenes look at making the album. If I remember right it's compiled from the video blogs she posted online at the time, as well as some unseen footage. I really enjoy these kinds of documentaries that take a peek behind the curtain, showing artists in the studio and working towards completing their albums.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  19. Does it document her forgetting to use any bass?

andru likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.