Favourite radio stations and recommendations | The Popjustice Forum

Favourite radio stations and recommendations

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by The_Rani, Apr 9, 2022.

1. I know its old fashioned to listen to the radio, but I can't always be bothered choosing my own songs. Does anyone have any favourite niche radio stations, either DAB or online?

A few I have liked have closed in recent years - Jack Radio which was all-female acts and then Union Jack Dance which played only British dance including some PWL stuff.

There is Kisstory which does a good job with all the 'old school and garage' - but it is a bit repetitive. Still, where else plays classics by Mis-teeq, Shola Ama and Kristine Blond on a daily basis.

I'd really like to hear about your favourites, especially if they play Comeback Corner acts!!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  2. I love Heart 90’s, Heart Dance & Kisstory (all UK stations).

The_Rani likes this.
  3. Greatest Hits Radio is always a good listen for me, especially loved their back to back year hours on a Sunday where you get two hours worth of songs at a random year from either the 70s, 80s and 90s.

The_Rani likes this.
  4. check out Radio Creme Brulee. You might like it.

The_Rani likes this.
  5. I occasionally listened to Absolute 80s and Absolute 90s for a while but soon worked out what their most played and most obvious songs were, getting sick of them after a while. Why can't radio stations play a genuinely random selection, including some occasional lesser-known hits?! Instead it's Girls Just Want to Have Fun followed by I Wanna Dance with Somebody followed by Never Gonna Give You Up.... much as I love them all, just not every day of the week!

AcerBenII likes this.
  6. The BBC stations do this so I don't understand why commercial sector doesn't.

I only really listen to Radio 2 now. I don't mind the odd golden oldie thrown in so I'm quite happy listening to Ken Bruce and Steve Wright.

Sara Cox is a bit more modern, and Rylan's Saturday afternoon show is a really great pop mix.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.