Fear Street - Netflix Horror Triology | The Popjustice Forum

Fear Street - Netflix Horror Triology

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, May 19, 2021.

1. The first installment, “Fear Street Part 1: 1994” is coming to Netflix on July 2, with “Part 2: 1978” following on July 8 and “Part 3: 1666” landing on July 16.

Sam, lemonsqueezyy, wodny and 7 others like this.
  2. Cannot wait for this. This first look is genuinely great.

LPT and thommyh like this.
  3. These were my favorites as a kid so I am so here for this. I honestly don't remeber if the books were actually that good but the covers were everything.

These one's were always my favorites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Fear Street never seemed as popular in the UK as Point Horror, Goosebumps or Christopher Pike, but, I managed to read a fair few from the local library.
    The films look fun

lushLuck likes this.
  5. The books were fun trash but definitely don't hold up today. They're good for what they are - and cheap on Kindle too.

Steve003 and lushLuck like this.
  6. I lived for the Seniors series as a 12-year-old graduating elementary school student.

[​IMG]

It would make for a delightful limited series. It’s basically high school Harper’s Island.

RUNAWAY, Uno, Steve003 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Oh how did I forget about this one

[​IMG]

The DRAMA of it all. I don't remember what Holly heard but I would like to know.

Sam, LPT, RUNAWAY and 15 others like this.
  8. These were produced independently of Netflix so they have a chance of being good.

jtm, johnny_tsunami and Lately like this.
  9. Well I’m hyped.

10. It was too shocking to tell. I guess we’ll never know, and the pages of that book are empty.

11. Honestly, this looks fantastic. I hope it’s actually as good as the trailer.

Andrew.L likes this.
  12. Looking forward to this!

Andrew.L likes this.
  13. ouch

jtm, 4Roses, Steve003 and 2 others like this.
  14. This actually looks pretty good. I read somewhere that the 1666 film is based on the Fear Street Saga Trilogy, which I read a few times over the school year. I’m interested to see what books have been incorporated. The 1994 film is supposed to be partially based on The Sleepwalker, so I’m curious how they’re going to tie them all together.

15. That looks fucking insane. I can't wait, especially for the 1978 one for some reason...

16. I will say I have seen all three films... and I loved each one of them. I wouldn't say they're incredibly scary, but they are total gory fun. The first is a very Scream homage, with the second paying tribute to Camp Crystal Lake and The Witch for the third. Anyone who enjoyed the Happy Death Days, Freaky or The Babysitters should enjoy these, but they don't rely as heavily on the humor (which I appreciated) and actually all pack in a ton of heart (yes, we stan a female queer love story). Anyway, I highly recommend them.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    Sam, Remorque, Blue6010 and 18 others like this.

17. [​IMG]

Sam, Remorque, Music Is Death and 5 others like this.
  18. @Holly Something spill the tea sis

Sam, Remorque, LPT and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.