Feist, General Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Feist, General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Feb 26, 2017.

1. This album did a complete, 100 percent 180° for me. It's an odd feeling to just be blindsided by something so late on. I tried sifting through the album the first day it came out and could not even sit through some of the tracks as they seemed so dull. I only saved Any Party on my Spotify and left the rest. I tried a couple times to revisit in the Summer and gave up a few minutes in.

But then I tried it again while I was working on a work project and I was hooked. It's not super easy-listening, but when it was in the background, I paid just enough attention that I wasn't bored with it. I started to find myself hooked on her words as she was singing. It's like listening to a completely new album.

And I'm buying the vinyl to hang on my wall as artwork. It's heaven.

Oleander and tobyboat like this.
  2. @Michael17 I hope that happens to me too, but I don't think I'll ever gather the energy to sit through the whole thing ever again.

3. [​IMG]
    Opens on May 28th aka one week!

soratami, tobyboat and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  4. I get to see her live on Friday! So excited :D

Oleander likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

Opens Tomorrow!

soratami and LE0Night like this.
  6. Bob remaining the queen for the people.

7. The Reminder and Metals are both so, so good.

Fuchsia, Oleander, enjoy and 2 others like this.
  8. Metals is the one. An era.

9. Metals immediately takes me back to the fall of 2011 when I was on my own in a new city walking through the woods from my dorm to class. I felt like I was becoming part of the music and the nature as I walked? It was an ethereal experience.

Pleasure on the other hand is the album I still haven’t listened to all the way through but I’ve just put it on this summer afternoon.

10. I was so connected to Metals and I also had some ethereal moments with it. And I also have never really connected with Pleasure or managed to get all the way through. I hope she has something new coming out soon.

VertigoStick likes this.
  11. Metals is a masterpiece.

VertigoStick likes this.
  12. I was going through a tough time when Pleasure came out and it soothed me so much. Forever thankful. It’s wonderful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.