[figured out] Trying to place a song - I think Mark Ronson produced | The Popjustice Forum

[figured out] Trying to place a song - I think Mark Ronson produced

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by spearofsolomon, Dec 4, 2009.

1. I was in a store the other day and the song playing had the Mark Ronson horns/funk sound, but I couldn't place the singer. She had a "soul" sound but without the overpowering voice of Winehouse or Aguilera. It wasn't Lily Allen but it might have been Adele or Duffy (or someone else I don't know). I don't think it was Estelle though.

I think the track was more of a DJ track than a verse/chorus song, with the vocals as a sample rather than being the focus of the song. However, I wasn't paying attention during the whole song so I could be wrong. The beat and sound are pretty strong but with a laidback feel. It wouldn't be out of place as a hip-hop track.

I'm not even positive it's a Ronson track - it sounded a lot like his style, and the guy working at the store said it was Ronson. I think it was his CD but he couldn't remember the name of the track (thanks guy).

Sorry about the vague description - I hope someone can clue me in.

2. IotV

IotV Guest

Re: Trying to place a song - I think Mark Ronson produced

Any ideas of lyrics? Even just a few words?

3. IotV

IotV Guest

Re: Trying to place a song - I think Mark Ronson produced

Also, this may help.

4. Re: Trying to place a song - I think Mark Ronson produced

I finally talked to the guy at the store whose CD it was. I don't think this group has any connection whatsoever to Mark Ronson, but if you listen to the song you can perhaps forgive me for thinking there was. The name of the song is ---, and the group is ---.

Sorry for all the misleading clues.

5. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Maybe you were scamming and spamming? Ehhh just a lil? Maybeee

6. MOP

MOP Guest

If this was a shameless plug, you have to admit it was a good one.

7. This is the cleverest spamming I have seen in a while.
    Congrats.

8. Oh that was wonderful.

9. IotV

IotV Guest

Feeling rather pissed off...

10. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

*applauds* Credit where credit is due.

11. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I only smelled the spam when the same person replied

12. First spam i've seen in months and it's not even in my fucking section! Bastards!

13. I could give two cents whether you listen to the song or not. I posted the same question at musicbanter because I had the song stuck in my head and I wanted some help finding it. Edited the "spam post" to remove offensive material.

Cynics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.