Films About Boys Who Love Boys | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Films About Boys Who Love Boys

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jono, Jul 24, 2009.

1. jtm

jtm

Don‘t drag her into this filth.

Dennis likes this.

3. Looks scary and hot. Trailer for Room 16

Trailer for Monsoon with Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians, Last Christmas)

Bobbyrae, RUNAWAY and chris4862 like this.
  4. Henry Golding in a gay role? Dreams really do come true.

londonrain likes this.
  5. What a stupid trailer.

OSHi, He and mump boy like this.
  6. Surprised no one has mentioned this one yet. It came out a couple days ago. I've yet to see it myself but it looks cute. Freeform making a gay themed movie. Gotta love 2020.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  7. michaelhird, stuaw and andymc35 like this.
  8. It’s cheesy, stupid, and hits every ‘made for TV movie cliché’ in the book, but I still enjoyed it.

-tastic and VitaminBee like this.
  9. He likes this.
  10. I still haven't found a way to watch it but it reassures me that even though it's cliche it still has heart. Cheesiness yes, but sometimes that's what we need in our lives.

11. Anyone seen this yet?

12. Finally watched it. Yes, it could've definitely been a typical Hallmark movie but gay themed. It indeed hit a couple of clichés. But I enjoyed it and found it rather endearing at times.

The actor who plays Sam is a much better actor than Harry. The way Sam reacted to Harry's news about leaving to go to Los Angeles was really well acted for a TV movie. He didn't need to act that good but he delivered.

The last scene was to be expected but it was still nice to see two guys falling in love and becoming parents.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  13. jtm

jtm

There‘s a new film called either ‚Boys‘ or ‚I Am Jonas’ on Netflix. It‘s somehow great but also very disturbing. It has stayed with me longer than it should have.

14. [​IMG]

Just watched this on Sky Movies for the second time - the first time was earlier this week! I have not felt this way about a film in a loooong time. I’ve got that rare feeling of fuck, this is one of my favourite films ever. I rarely rewatch films, but the moment I finished watching this I felt instantly compelled to watch it again.

Its about a gay man with OCD who hates penetrative sex and decides the solution to his problems with men is to just date girls. I hysterically laughed and was weeping by the end. Perfect.

I feel like the plot sounds a bit Netflix, but it’s actually a really classy, cool and well made film. It’s aesthetically gorgeous in a Wes Anderson kinda way with great music and an incredibly charming cast. The main two are seriously brilliant - the film’s highlights were any of the scenes where it was just those two talking. The dialogue absolutely hurtles along and is burningly quick - imagine if Aaron Sorkin was a gay man. There was absolutely no wastage with the dialogue. Every single line was an absolute banger. I actually found myself rewinding certain scenes to just listen to the conversations again in order to properly take it all in.

But yeah would seriously recommend this if you get the chance. I will probably watch it again this week!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    michaelhird, Edu, andru and 6 others like this.
  15. [​IMG]

A terrible movie.

#teamdodd! likes this.
  16. I saw And Then We Danced a few weeks ago and it's really stuck with me. Great performance by the lead actor.

Eskapism, Edu, Vitamin and 4 others like this.
  17. Just saw And Then We Danced too and it was fantastic!

18. Just watched And Then We Danced aswell. Really good movie, sensitive yet brutal, and avoiding a lot of clichés. And that Honey scene... whew.

19. I watched this last night and thought it was incredible. I only put it on because I was stuck for something to watch and it had the actor from “Savauge“ in it, but wow, it blew me away. The chills.

Jamestheplumb and Dee91 like this.
  20. God's Own Country was kinda boring but had some moments.

FresherThanYou likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.