Films About Boys Who Love Boys | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

Films About Boys Who Love Boys

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jono, Jul 24, 2009.

1. I just watched it for the first time, found it cute but was a bit underwhelmed overall. The charakters didn't share much with each other and even though I appreciate a quite tone, I felt the story was a bit too simple to feel authentic.

2. Premiered on netflix a couple days ago. I really liked it.

Bobbyrae, penghuwan, Macsun and 5 others like this.
  3. Really looking forward to watching this one!

Anyone ever watched Presque Rien? I haven't seen it in YEARS, but I remember really enjoying it.

Dee91 and Macsun like this.
  4. Just watched Matthias and Maxime and my heart broke into tiny pieces.

Damn you Xavier Dolan.

5. One of my favorite movies! I’m still looking for an HD copy of it.

man.tis.shrimp and Dee91 like this.
  6. A Channel 4 late night screening had me enthralled (and horny... I was young, internet was still dial-up)

Dee91 and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  7. Ditto. Headphone lead was just long enough to reach the sockets at the back of my telly.

Andrew.L and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  8. I finally watched Edge of Seventeen. Echoing all the love it has already received here and Lea Delaria remains everything. I thought the movie did a really good job of depicting the turmoil of coming out and the stress of having to anticipate and manage other people’s reactions to it (or maybe it just resonated with me because my own coming out went so far off the rails that it almost bordered on comical).

9. Pat, Lately, TeamDorinda!! and 2 others like this.
  10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I've been on a binge of films over the long weekend, and really, really liked these few

Lately, etienne, He and 1 other person like this.
  11. Where did you see them?

I saw Say Yes on Amazon Prime a few months ago and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

All on Amazon Prime! I think the last link for Happiness Adjacent is the whole film, too.

phoenix123 likes this.
  13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Oh snap, this one is on Youtube as well

Remorque, Lately and He like this.
  14. Exciting news:

Remorque, Macsun, burzacott and 2 others like this.
  15. Having been a gay teen at an all boys british grammar school with a crush on a rugby playing friend..... I am sold.

Remorque, burzacott, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  16. I was coming in this thread to post this as I watched it last Friday night and cried dddd. Such a good film

Macsun, Jasper47 and Lately like this.
  17. I love that comic so I'm excited to see how it translates to screen. I don't think there's been a British TV series where the main focus is the relationship between two teenage boys either so I think this has the potential to get a lot of attention.

18. This is code for "Charlie's the bottom/Nick's the top," isn't it

Remorque, Chezam, Mr.Arroz and 3 others like this.
  19. This was such a delight. Can't recommend it enough.

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  20. Just watched it with two hours spare before my Prime membership expired. I missed it at the cinema when mines closed for local COVID lockdown the weekend I had a ticket bought. It was a good watch, starting off like your typical Euro twink coming of age movie then going somewhere really dark. I was looking forward to bopping on my couch to The Cure, but I did not predict me shazaming a Rod Stewart song.

Andrew.L, Lately and phoenix123 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.