Films About Boys Who Love Boys | Page 62 | The Popjustice Forum

Films About Boys Who Love Boys

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jono, Jul 24, 2009.

1. It’s a shame the English subtitles aren’t available in Spanish, because this was by far the most interesting to me out of the ones you posted.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I enjoyed this one too

Holly Something likes this.
  3. This week I've got through Summer of 85, Jeffrey (finally) and am about to make a start with The Normal Heart. Is there any recent movies set in the late 1990s/early 2000s, I'd quite like a nostalgia trip to the era I came out in.

Andrew.L likes this.
  4. There will be a few 90s films on this list:

Films About Boys Who Love Boys

Have you seen Sum Of Us (1994), Get Real (1998) and Like It Is (1998)?

Andrew.L and Yeahyeahyeah like this.
  5. Thanks for the list but I'll try and clarify the question on my post a bit - I wanted to know if there was any LGBTQ+ movies produced relatively recently, but set around 20-25 years ago.

6. Ah sorry I misread. Might be difficult to find anything retro unless it’s 80s AIDS era like the new UK TV series It’s A Sin. Holding The Man is a recent film but that was set in 80s too. I wonder what would be a unique storytelling point about late 90s/early 2000s era?

7. Yeah, I'm wondering if it's too soon or if there has been some that I've just missed.

8. I saw Priest on TV at the time when Robert Carlyle was at a career peak with Trainspotting and The Full Mounty and I wasn't ready for this scene.

9. For anyone who is a fan of 1990's ITV murder drama, Scottish detective series Taggart did a story set in Glasgow's gay scene back in 1996 titled "Angel Eyes".

10. For some reason this passed me by (probably I ignored it because I'm not a fan of Ewan McGregors American accent) but I read today of Christopher Plummer's Oscar winning performance as an old gay man coming out at the end of his life in Beginners. That's tonight's movie selection sorted.

RIP Captain von Thirst Trapp.

Andrew.L and lushLuck like this.
  11. A movie about a drag queen going to live with his grandmother.

Remorque, AlmostFamous and HorseTears like this.
  12. Just watched Supernova and really liked it. Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci are incredible.

Mikal likes this.
  13. I've wanted to see this for years. Can never find a region 2 DVD copy that isn't really pricy. Wish there was a streaming service purely for queer films.

14. Watching this now, so far I’m enjoying it!

Edit: that ending was abrupt.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    TeamDorinda!! likes this.
  15. Really enjoyed this one!

WowWowWowWow, Mikal, Remorque and 2 others like this.
  16. pdf

pdf

There's to much of a plot but it's very good in a meandering kinda way. & actually Henry Golding is great in it.

diamondliam likes this.
  17. I stumbled across this a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Great cast (and Josha Stradowski is fiiine!)

WowWowWowWow and Fanatical like this.
  18. I saw this last night. I could have done with less of the periphery cast because the two leads absolutely burned up the screen and broke me many times over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.