Fiona Apple Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Fiona Apple Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by likeapen, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Sorry, no new album news.

But Margaret Cho Instagrammed a photo of Fiona supporting Kesha. At this point, Fiona sightings are almost like Kate Bush ones. I get so excited just seeing her. Would love a new album soon.

Island, aaronhansome, PEARL and 7 others like this.
  2. I'm convinced we're never getting an album again. And honestly, after the absolute artistry of The Idler Wheel I wouldn't be that upset because what an album. With that said, I'm desperate for any new music.

Come back to us Alt Queen!!

Euphoria and AshleyKerwin like this.
  3. Oh, I'm sure we're getting another album at some point. Let's check back here in another 5 years (...when I'm 30). All I know is it better have I WANT YOU TO LOVE ME on it!

Woohoo likes this.
  4. *weeps* I'm with you though.

Also, hasn't she been collaborating / touring with other artists? I think it's good that she's keeping busy and not... well, you know. Fiona is Fiona; she does things on her own time table. It certainly doesn't hurt if she has a slight push from her peers, but still.

I'm good as long as we keep getting the occasional cover/soundtrack song. She's worth the wait.

5. Another album will come at some point. If she was going to stop recording I'm sure it would have happened after Extraordinary Machine.

6. My heart skipped a bit when I saw the thread bumped!

I am ready to wait for a new album as long as it's necessary. We all know Fiona lives at her own special pace. Besides, I guess she needs a number of years to gather hearts to break and mend and write about. I am hopeful.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  7. Honestly, none of her albums are bad. I enjoy some more than others, but at the end of the day I've listened the shit out of every single one.

If the long gaps gives her space to breath and write, as arduous as it is as a fan, I'm all for it.

Deleted member 21943 and DJBenW like this.
  8. She has a duet with Andrew Bird on his upcoming album. I'm sure we'll get a new one from her in the next few years.

I'm so, so glad she spoke out for Kesha.

9. Album please.

aaronhansome and Andy French like this.
  10. With the way 2016 has been going in terms of music releases (read: amazing), I definitely wouldn't say no to a new Fiona album. I miss her.

11. I can't believe it's almost been 4 years since the last one!

Then again, I'm not surprised, it's just... Where has the time in my life gone?

12. I wasn't fond of The Idler Wheel at all.

shadedeflector likes this.
  13. The Idler Wheel is her best album.

14. When The Pawn is her best album.

15. I'm very sorry you feel that way.

TheDangerZone and Jwentz like this.
  16. So am I.

Euphoria, aaronhansome and Island like this.
  17. That's an interesting way of spelling Tidal.

But then, I don't think she has a bad album to her name so

18. Can't wait for her to not release another album for 9999999 years. The Idler Wheel is masterpiece but that doesn't mean she should just stop making music!

Euphoria likes this.
  19. The Idler Wheel is by far my favorite of her albums. It really was EVERYTHING I needed the year it was released & got me through a wholeeee lot. The raw passion & energy it exudes is almost overwhelming.

20. I happened to listen to the Idler Wheel for the first time in awhile today and Daredevil still hits my like a ton of bricks. In fact Periphery is the only song I'm not extremely found of on there.

aaronhansome likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.