Fiona Apple Discussion | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Fiona Apple Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by likeapen, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Yeah, Periphery and Regret do not connect but the rest of the songs connect so much.

2. Ohemgee. Don't do 'Regret' like that.

It's so full of raw emotion....the song is simply electrifying.

Deleted member 21943 likes this.
  3. Fiona Apple seems like such an empathetic person.

The Idler Wheel... is fascinating and brilliant, and I can't wait for her next album. I'm sure she'll release one, because she seems to have been rather productive over the last few years. Obviously I mean that by Fiona Apple standards.

I really like 'Regret'. It's actually one of my favourites from that album.

4. I've come to conclusion that Extraordinary Machine is better than When The Pawn Hits.Red Red Red is gorgeous.

shoter350 likes this.
  5. I much prefer the original Red Red Red. The released version is one of my least favourite songs on the album, along with Window.

Jwentz likes this.
  6. Extraordinary Machine was my entry point for her so I didn't find out about the alternate version of the album until much later.

(As it is, I'm a stickler for canon releases so, I'm always gonna choose them.)

7. Her Kesha selfie is already a highlight of 2016.

Jwentz and PEARL like this.
  8. "How can I ask anyone, to lo-uuhhh-ve me, when all I do is beg to be left, when all I do is beg to be left, when I do is beg to be left alone"

What a fucking gut punch. The production on The Idler Wheel just does such a good job of encapsulating how chaotic her mind and emotional state must of been when she was writing and recording the album. Just such a stunning display of artistry by one of the most accomplished songwriters of her generation. Seriously, what a fucking Queen.

TRAVVV, Jwentz, LE0Night and 3 others like this.
  9. Periphery is bae. You're all crazy. I live for the 'wiping the dog shit off the shoe heel' noise.

10. You're not alone.

11. Her Andrew Bird duet is out, it's a rather folky call-and-response kind of deal:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  12. A&E

A&E

Watch Fiona put out a country album next.

LE0Night likes this.
  13. Here's the video for Left Handed Kisses, she appears to be blonde now.
    And she looks really healthy too, I'm so happy she managed to gain weight again. Compare and contrast to three years ago:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  14. I Know is my favourite Fiona song.

I didn't like The Idler Wheel.

15. Ahem! "Carrion" deserves to be called out by name, too.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  16. I seriously for real want/need a new Fiona Apple album.

Jwentz and Rhombus like this.
  17. I keep thinking there's some sort of announcement whenever this thread gets bumped!

*tears forming*

18. "Left Handed Kisses" is so so good and I enjoyed the video too. The song has been on repeat for the last few weeks. Her voice is magical.

19. 'Left Handed Kisses' is amazing. Both song and video. Right on the money. I really hope she'll return to her solo career soon. It's almost been 4 years which is probably not long enough but at least she isn't that much of a recluse anymore between albums.

To be honest, since the the last album I have finally moved to North America and now I can finally fulfill my dream of seeing her in concert. I don't even need an album.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  20. I've probably mentioned this a few hundred times, but I met her during the last tour & she was so sweet. Signed my t-shirt & even took a photo with me. I can't get over how genuinely nice she was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.