Fire Island (US: Hulu - UK: Disney+ / Star) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Fire Island (US: Hulu - UK: Disney+ / Star)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by aboutyounow, Jun 4, 2022.

1. When the trailer dropped I had some concerns about this that seem to be proven correct. I’m happy for everyone who enjoyed it but I think I’ll pass nn.

2. This is badddddd. Who lied and told Bowen Yang he could act.

Mikl C, Island, hologram and 2 others like this.
  3. Thank you!!!! Spent the bulk of the film wondering this myself.

Up N Down and lushLuck like this.
  4. Every character in this was entirely underdeveloped. A shame, because the core of something good was there. At best, it’s a cute mediocre novelty.

Mr Blonde, hologram and lushLuck like this.
  5. It was entertaining enough. I thought the acting was kind of bad across the board, though maybe most notable with Bowen.

Square likes this.
  6. Nn did we watch the same movie? I actually cried at the end because it really affected me, and I am someone who NEVER sheds a tear for media! I thought the issue of racism in the gay community was handled quite well. It was pretty great.

AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  7. I liked it too. It was a cute little rom-com, and I'm not sure what the expectations were.

Bobbyrae and HEARTCORE like this.
  8. Yeah it was sloppy in places and didn't quite have the character depth of some of the smaller queer romances it reminded me of but I appreciated what it brought into the mainstream and thought it was entertaining.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.