FKA Twigs - Caprisongs | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Caprisongs

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Same, but it's like ... the only song on here I am fully in love with on first few listens. I'll give it time.

2. Well, what I actually like about it is it's a fairly easy listen, even though the subject matter is sad at times. Aside from the references already mentioned in this thread, it's also giving me a mix of so sad, so sexy and Songs For You. I also love careless, papi bones and darjeeling.

Mr Blonde, godspeed, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  3. Down to #39 in today's mids, so probably will miss the top 40 come Friday!

4. This is a great listen when mincing around town running errands.

5. Oh My Love is so fucking good. That aye-aye-ayeeee… go off.

6. Yeah, this is absolutely hitting all the right spots for me. Magdalene is an incredible body of work but also an intense listen that sort of demands your appreciation in a way you're not always able to devote to an album in your everyday life. I also think the emotional weight of that album probably made the pivot towards a lighter package a natural progression for her and it shows in how strong the material is.

I can see myself getting a tonne of mileage out of this right through to the Summer where it's going to hit different all over again.

7. Thank You Song is so stunning. I'm such a sucker for vocoder heavy ballads.

Love in motion, my heart's open
    Thank you, thank you, I'm okay
    cuz you care I made it through today

SHOOT I wasn't gonna cry!!

8. This was very WKW-aesthetic (Chungking Express) and I live.

Now give us that video for papi bones w choreo, queen of music.

9. I think "minds of men" is the one for me. That piano riff has buried itself deep.

10. Perfect video. The arrow POV right into her beating heart?! Stunning. This era has been a feast.

Xanax, sesita and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  11. It's a serve, I really love how this was shot.

12. Video is basically

and girl I am living

13. "lightbeamers" has me in a chokehold made of steel. It's so pretty (and sad) and affecting. It's lyrically the most straightforward, accessible, self-love anthem she's made, but I love it so much. It's really helping me get through a transitional period of my life right now.

14. That's a great video for "jealousy"! It's simple yet effective, and I love the late 90s vibes.

I was instantly reminded of this classic:

15. What a mega bop. A flawless video. Already my most played album of 2022!

Maki and digitalkaiser like this.
  16. It gave me a little "I Am Not My Hair" by India.Arie chai.

theelusivechanteuse and Maki like this.
  17. Ugh. Hot and cool girls being hot and cool. The choreography, the styling - all so fun and fresh. I’m in love with what she’s doing visually this era.

18. This might be my favorite album of hers. She really gave us something fun, something for the summertime, something for the girls to get ready and party to.

Also, sue me, but Britney would sound so good on darjeeling.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.