FKA Twigs - Caprisongs | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Caprisongs

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

So looking forward to basing my entire personality for the year on the Shygirl collab.

Remyky22, dvno, K94 and 11 others like this.
  2. Yessss. I definitely need this midnight sun energy from her to survive the dreariness of January.

Is the Dua song dust or was Dua removed?

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.
  3. I somehow missed this new thread but i've been hammering Tears In The Club these past couple weeks. What a major bop!

And i'm so damn perched for this Shygirl collab.

K94, Slice of Life, 2014 and 9 others like this.
  4. Shygirl!! Sega Bodega production! I am READY!!

He, superultra, FINISH LINE and 2 others like this.
  5. Caprisongs is exactly what we need right now. She’s about to save us, she’s a saviour.

He, K94, Dreampopboy and 13 others like this.
  6. Fka twigs capri suns

7. Tears in the Club is taking over my life so this might just end me, I can’t wait.

ItBeats, Ensnare, Dijah. and 12 others like this.
  8. I just saw she shared many snippets on her TikTok from what I assume is pretty much every song on the mixtape. It does sound more accessible (and surprisingly uptempo) than her previous work, but it also sounds very good.

elektroxx likes this.
  9. I won't bother with snippets but is tears in the club a good indicator of the soundscapes?

10. I would say it is for the more accessible stuff. There’s mellow R&B, uptempo tropical(?)-adjacent stuff, tracks that lean back into her alien vocals with a bit more sparse production… Keep in mind that most of the snippets she shared were merely a few seconds long, though.

LPMA and Maki like this.
  11. I love when FKA twigs keeps it on the experimental side, but I obviously wouldn't mind accessible bops from her.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.

12. Something about her constantly wielding a deadly weapon is very queer to me.

askew, slaybellz, Jwentz and 27 others like this.
  13. The way she copies my every move

14. Edu

Edu

15. Track lengths:

ride the dragon 3:08
    honda 3:21
    meta angel 4:19
    oh my love 3:45
    pamplemousse 1:38
    caprisongs interlude 0:25
    lightbeamers 3:31
    papi bones 3:40
    which way 2:02
    jealousy 2:39
    careless 3:36
    minds of men 3:24
    track girl interlude 1:42
    darjeeling 3:03
    christi interlude 1:03
    thank you song 3:28

Overall runtime: 48 minutes.

Mr.Arroz, Crisp X, Island and 18 others like this.
  16. I know I'll probably be dragged for even asking this, but is she actually working on an album album? Or is this that sort of 'mixtape' 'album' that holds us over for another 3 years...

17. We don't know, but everything sounds fire, so who cares if it's a mixtape or an album.

18. Tears in the CLERB! Cannot stop listening to this subtly-sad-but-still-serving-puss banger.
    And I'm 100% sure this EP will be the beacon of light to carry me until summer arrives.

slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  19. Disrespectfully: Who cares? This is projected to be her longest studio effort in both track length and runtime, we've gotten a lead single and a music video, and we might be getting more content than the aforementioned soon, so clearly the lines between mixtape and album are blurred here.

He, Mr.Arroz, slaybellz and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.