FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. Everything

SiduousIII, wodny, lob0to and 17 others like this.

2. “Magdalene is still coming”

3. The song is giving me Paradise (Not For Me) and Florence but I’m bopping. As long as Magdalene is still coming!

Jacques, DarkSacoura and LeBratt like this.
  4. Wait at this description being amazing.

Vasilios likes this.
  5. Not really feeling this. The video's nice though.

Humanracin and Vasilios like this.
  6. I’m seriously feeling this!!!

7. Curse myself for having watched the live performance, because I absolutely loathe this version.

What she chose for “artistic” direction for her voice distortion effect was absolutely a poor choice for this song.

8. I absolutely love this. It´s almost like an ultra digitation of cellophane.
    The harsh contrast between the vulnerable piano, the almost kate bush-esque chorus melody and the cold vocoder effect, the digital distortion sounds...slowly building till they´re married in a final chaotic crescendo. I am living.

9. So much better than the last single. This is on par with Cellophane for me. Brilliant.

10. I really like the song, the video is, as usual, stunning.

11. The scenes with the white clothing are giving me Midsommar, but make it fashion. I’m not mad at it.

Meathook likes this.
  12. After an emotional roller coaster kind of day, that outro didn't have to come so hard for me but it did, boy it did.

13. Another winner from her. I love how the tension builds and then breaks so harshly the first time 90 seconds in. Beautiful.

3/3 thus far, can’t wait for the record.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  14. Stunning 10/10 talented show stopping incredible etc etc.

Trinu 3.0 and FINISH LINE like this.
  15. I love how ominous the verses sound and how it contrasts with the chorus that is very peaceful, and the last part of the songs is so, so, so beatiful.

I am so excited to hear thousand eyes and daybed based on the descriptions

Kuhleezi and Xanax like this.
  16. I won´t listen to the live snippets...
    but when they first surfaced i clicked on a tiny snippet of a song that started with an choir and it was very
    [​IMG]

so I cannot wait for Magdalene.

17. Why is she so mesmerising? At first I wondered what the hell I was listening to with Home With You. Now I can’t get enough. The video is a total triumph.

Trinu 3.0, Dijah., truman and 2 others like this.
  18. What a video and what a song. Whyyyyyyyy did she have to delay the album.

Dijah. likes this.
  19. The first pre chorus might end up my favorite musical moment of 2019. Immense, powerful and strangely soothing yet devastating.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.