FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album) | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

FKA Twigs - Magdalene (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nightclubbing, May 14, 2016.

1. This is definitely not on NFR! level for me, but I'm glad it received a high score.

2. The alt girls are going to kill me this year.

3. Fallen Alien gives me Bjork vibes. Holy shit

4. There's definitely a Venn diagram between Tinashe and Björk, with Twigs being the intersection.

What a fucking insane album and what a fucking insane artist. She's created such an emotional, hellish soundscape in which she grabs you by the hand and takes you to explore it track by track. The production details in every song, my god.

Mirrored heart, home with you, fallen alien,... I mean, there's not a single less than excellent track in here.

5. And I'm the graph maker.

6. Whew, the intensity

7. Seriously what's in the water these women are drinking?! Everything has been so stellar.

8. After cellophane, fallen alien is definitely the one for me.

Maki, enjoy and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  9. sad day wow

constantino, Maki, Humanracin and 2 others like this.
  10. I think this is album of the year. I’m just speechless.

11. Daybed is one of most beautiful things ever created, no?

12. Everything is beautiful. It's short, concise, enigmatic, heartbreaking and REAL.

Hand her all the awards. Mutha, did NOT come to play on this one.

13. FKA Twigs and Lana del Rey knowing they have released the best albums of the year.

[​IMG]

14. I'm listening to "home with you" for the first time, and it's tugging on all my heartstrings in all its candid eccentricity. I've never heard something more weird yet more poignant. I can't stop bawling.

15. I'm absolutely gagged by this. Reading the reactions here I went in with lofty expectations and yet it exceeded them. With ease. And that's to say nothing of what a crushing listen it is. We've truly been spoiled this year and albums like this are still coming along!?

Xanax likes this.
  16. "fallen alien" is the most batshit thing I've heard all year. I'm obsessed.

17. The whole album is breathtaking but the one two punch of mary magdalene and fallen alien.

giphy (16).gif

constantino, Maki, Humanracin and 6 others like this.
  18. Just astonishing. The five year wait was totally worth it.

FINISH LINE, Maki and KingBruno like this.
  19. Cellophane as the final track just works so well. Devastating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.